Answer
Skin regimen for dry sensitive skin
(0) Hearts
Hello! I have very sensitive skin that is also dry and flakey. When I put foundation on I can still see my dry cakey skin! I use the Little Sephora Face complexion brush when I wash my face with Nutrogena then I apply some clinique moisturizing gel. Twice a week I use the murad gaga for glow scrub.If I scrub too much my face gets irritated but if I don't scrub enough I look dry. What is the right regimin that I should be doing? Also what are some products that might help? And no. I sadly can't afford a clarisonic. Lol Thanks so much for your help!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
Answered
(0) Hearts
I'm a Clinique fan as well. I have very dry skin too. I'll share my normal routine. I start off with using Taking the day off Cleansing balm and remove with a tissue. Then I apply the face wash lotion in mild and use my Clarisonic. ( there are great alternatives such as the new scrub brush by Olay) then I apply a tiny amount of the dramatically different moisturizing lotion along with a small amount of moisture surge intense. I add a few little pats of the all about eyes rich and go to bed. In the morning I add Luke warm water to my face and add more face lotion and let completely dry before adding foundation. Maybe try different foundations too. I love Mac Mineralize foundation, has a ton of moisture. I am more dry on my forehead so I add caudalie vino source and moisturize into my skin to take the dry flakes away. Best tips are to really moisturize with creams not gels which only add to drying out skin. Every routine is different for everyone so see what works best for you! Best of luck.
Answered
(0) Hearts
I totally agree that you are using the wrong products because of your skin type. Other than Argan oil, you can also try the Dove bar and/or the Clearasil cleanser and moisturizer. These are inexpensive options. If you are looking for something from Sephora, Hope in a Jar is a classic. As for exfoliating options, try holding off on it so your skin isn't as raw. When you return to exfoliating, chemical exfoliation may be better suited for your skin. I personally love REN's AHA concentrate. I've tried it during the winter and spring, so it works well for dry skin. I hope this helps and good luck!
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you have dry skin and like using Clinique, switch the moisturizer to the lotion instead of the cream and consider investing in a good night cream especially for dry skin (my favorite is Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Night Cream for dry skin).  Key words to stay away from with dry skin is anything that suggests the product is a gel rather than creamy, lotion, etc.  Also, I would use a gentle scrub (Origins Modern Friction is a great one) no more than 2x a week.  A good makeup remover is the Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm that transforms into an oil or Caudalie's Cleansing Water.  For example, this is what I use for my dry skin for makeup remover and cleansing routine:

Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Liquid Soap Mild

Clinique Clarifying Lotion-2

Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000 (this is AMAZING, hylaronic acid...holds 1000x it's weight in moisture.  Excellent for dry skin.)

Ole Henriksen Fresh Start eye cream

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

At night, I add the Clinique Repairwear Intensive Night Cream and Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel (which is actually very moisturizing in this case).

Hopefully this helps you.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Mallory 3000,

I agree that the Josie Maran Argan Oil Moisturizer might just do the trick along with the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads--they are a very gentle exfoliant that uses lactic acid as opposed to a physical exfoliant which might be too harsh for your skin type. The Forever Fab kit is a great value and comes with the Radiance Pads and amazing, soothing Ultra Repair moisturizer and a great Detox Eye Roller to help moisturize and reduce puffiness. These should probably do the trick and like Clinique are great for sensitive skin.

First Aid Beauty - Forever Fab

The Josie Maran Argan Oil is super versatile. You can use it pretty much anywhere-including in your hair. It is my go to travel product. It is a very concentrated oil with loads of benefits--the biggest benefit for you being vitamin E which will help to really heal your skin and it is major moisture for your skin. Sephora sells a mini size in their Beauty-To-Go section which would be a great way to try it--or you can always get a sample! 

Josie Maran - Argan Oil

Good luck on your quest for quenched skin!

Cheers,

Helen

Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

woah. Ok, you have dry sensitive skin, but you are using products for sturdy oily skin.

1. First and biggest problem: you need a real moisturizer. Clinique moisturizing gel is for oily or oil combination skin, NOT dry skin at all. I have combination skin and this gel makes my skin dry and flaky in the winter, I can only use it in the summer. If you have dry skin, try using a cream instead of gel.

2. Scrub/exfoliate twice a week is enough, but is your cleanser a cleansing gel, milk or oil? is it for sensitive skin or the foamy kind (which is for oily skin).

The dry skin is due to not enough moisture, the sensitive and flaky skin is due to harsh scrubbing/cleansing that left the skin bare without a good moisturizing follow up. for a starter, I recommend trying First Aid Beauty, which is great for dry and sensitive skin. They have a kit right now with sizable amount of product and is cheap, I highly suggest trying it:

http://www.sephora.com/fab-faves-to-go-kit-P374504?skuId=1417831

Try that set for a week, and if it's not moisturizing enough, try Josie Maran Argan Oil moisturizer (I used it on my combo skin in the winter and it didn't block my pores or cause acne). If it's too moisturizing, feel free to pm me and I can give you a few other recommendations. Actually any product you try that's more moisturizing than Clinique gel will probably make your skin better. Clarasonic is basically a deeper exfoliation. If you use Clarasonic all the time and only a gel moisturizer when you have dry skin....I'm wincing for your skin.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation