Answer
bethelehem
Ridiculously dry skin

I am a 29 years old female East African. I have ridiculously dry skin and it only gets worse in the winter. I have tried to everything from Clinique, Murad C & Pomegranate, Dr. Hauschka, Ole Henriksen, DDF, and many more and none of these seem to work very well.  It will work for about 3 weeks and my face starts feeling tight & flaking off again.  I clean & exfoliate regularly.  I rarely wear makeup.  I have very few breakouts. I drink plenty of water.  My skin seems to be okay otherwise … just very dry.  Currently the only thing that is working for me now is a good old Vaseline petroleum jelly. It works really well but I feel like I need something that will benefit my skin in the future. Pleaseee help … I need heavy duty moisturizer!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
cmbt
Answered

Sister, I feel ya!  I'm the same way!!!!  I'm to the point where my skin used to break open at joints (knuckles, elbows, ect) and bleed!

The saving grace - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold pressed, as pure as you can find).

Seriously, I know it sounds scary, but trust me on this one.  I don't have sensitive skin, but I do get brake outs on occasion. Olive oil has NOT caused any side effects to my body or face. I use it daily and it's the ONLY thing that keeps my skin from looking like an alligator. 

After I'm done showering (but still in the shower, wet,  before I towel off), I slather OO all over my body - being wet helps easily spread it all over - I massage it into my skin pretty well, then I lightly pat myself dry. This will keep my skin hydrated all day. I used to have to apply moisturizer to my body three times a day.  What a PAIN, I actually had to undress to reapply!!  Not anymore. 

I also use it on my face, neck, ect - I use it nightly.  After I clean my face, I apply it while my face is not wet, but damp.  In the morning, I just use my normal moisturizer, eye creams, ect. I only use OO on my face at night.   It has transformed the appearance of my skin. 

You will notice a slight odor when you use it, but it only lasts a few minutes then goes away.   Again, I stress - Do not be afraid to use an oil.  OO is all natural and the molecules are too large to clog your pores.  I've been using this method for about two years now, and it hasn't failed me yet. 

One warning - Be careful getting in and out of the shower, it's like an ice rink with OO all over the shower floor.

Try it, hope it helps! 

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lipglossjunkee
    • corrin99
    • bethelehem
    • cali95
    • ran8
    • cmbt
    • mrsbaine