Moisturizer for Combination/Oily and Flaky Skin?
(0) Hearts

Until recently I'd only been using my body lotion for my face, since I didn't use a foundation or any face makeup. It did what I had wanted it to do, that is until I started wearing a foundation. I've been using MAC's gel moisturizer, and that leaves my face feeling tight and just doesn't take care of the flakiness. I was thinking that Josie Maran's Argan Oil would be something to try, but I was just wondering if anyone had some advice. I'm working on a budget maxing $55. 

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

Agree with what lylysal said. Don't make such drastic changes. If you want a heavier gel moisturizer, try Clinique Moisture Surge. If you want something heavier than gel, try a cream like Origins Perfect World or Make a Difference, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation or Truth Revealed. If you would like to try an oil, I suggest Tarte Maracuja or Fresh Seaberry, both are lighter than Argan Oil (which is thicker and great for really dry skin or as a spot treatment).

(0) Hearts
@beautytester,
I agree with the Clinique Moisture Surge. Feels great on the skin and moisturize.
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation