Answer
errah
Josie Maran Argan Oil isn't moisturizing enough

Hey!

I've been using Josie Maran's Argan Oil for the past few weeks and my skin is still flakey and dry! I've been using it morning and night, by applying it either to my dry or wet hands and then rubbing/patting it into my face. I use approximately 4-6 drops every time. Do you think I'm applying to wrong? DO you guys have any other moisturizer/cream suggestions for me? 

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
wahine25
Answered

I don't find it to be particularly moisturizing alone either. I do find that it makes other lotions and serums work much better though. For a while I was using boscia's vitamin c serum and would put about 3 drops in with that and mix them together. That worked very well. Maybe it just needs a "base".

The other issue you may have is a need to exfoliate a little with something gentle like a rice powder. Sometimes an excess of dead skin will make it difficult to let the products absorb.

The clarisonic is really excellent at priming skin for the best absorbtion possible for products. Hope this helps!!

dianabt
Answered

Hi errah, 

You may want to add a moisturizer on TOP of the Josie Maran Argan Oil. I normally try to apply my Argan Oil to dry hands only and then apply to dry skin. For extra moisture try one of the following creams for extra soothing, plus a weekly gentle exfoliator to remove buildup and dead skin cells. 

Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream

Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Very Dry to Dry 

Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Very Dry to Dry

Yu Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

Moisturizing Skin Cream

Benefit Cosmetics Refined Finish Facial Polish

Refined Finish Facial Polish

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

Flawless Skin Face Polish

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Errah,

I agree with Diana's suggestion. I have the Josie Maran Argan Oil too and I like to layer it with my favorite moisturizer. You also might want to try the First Aide Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It is a super emollient cream that can be used on the face and body. It also has antioxidants to protect your skin from environmental damage.

Ultra Repair Cream

<3 Melissa
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • wahine25
    • errah