Answer
makeupbaby220
I really need a super hydrating moisturizer

Anyone know of a good moisturizer? I'm using the body shop aloe day and night cream but it doesn't seem to be working. I exfoilate at least once a week but through the middle of the day I always have dry spots around my mouth, eyes, and my nose. I have really dry skin and need help.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
ChicDabbler
Answered
(0) Hearts

Anything you put on your face can dry it out. Examine your facial products one by one:

Exfoliation: what kind are you using? Does your skin feel dry and flaky when you pat dry? switch to an cream or oil based scrub if you haven't already. I got dry combo and Clinique 7 day scrub cream is my favorite.

Cleanser: does your skin feel tight when you pat dry? if yes, switch to a gentler cleanser such as Fresh soy face cleanser, or an oil based cleanser.

Moisturizer: FAB Ultra cream is the most popular for dry skin. I like Argan oil when my skin is particularly dry (it does not irritate acne or block pores).

Once you found your ideal set, you shouldn't get dry spots so often. I was like that and used to think moisturizer is the only one that matters, but I switched from a drying scrub to the cream scrub and now I get them about once a month and my most effective/favorite emergency care is: lip balm. Yup, chapstick, rose salve, sugar fresh, Lypsyl, EOS, whatever moisturizing balm that suits you, just rub some on the dry spot and it usually do the trick.

nikkishea
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have extremely dry skin also.  It used to flake and stay dry all the time until I started using the proper products to get my face in check.  I use Caudelie Gentle Cleanser for my everyday face wash.....its soft and velvety and doesnt leave a residue on my face nor does it feel tight or dried out.  I also use Ole Henricksen Truth Serum.  Doesnt help with the dryness but its become a part of my everyday skincare routine.  Twice a week, when I exfoliate, I use Ole Henricksen Sugar Scrub......that stuff is AMAZING!!!!  I will never use another scrub on my face again.  Its soft and doesnt aggravate my overly sensitive skin!!  For moisturizer, I use 2 things.....Philosophy Hope In a Jar and Clinique Moisture Surge Intense!  Both products are amazing and arent greasy feeling after you put them on. (I just wish they smelled a little better!)  It all comes down to what you use on your skin everyday.  And also washing your face twice a day.  Hope this helps!

mrsbaine
Answered
(0) Hearts

I recently wen through the same issue. I found that the Clinique 3 step program just stopped working for me and my skin was really really dry and I'd get what I call chapped face during the day. It was weird. I did a little research on the types of ingriedients needed to moisturze the face and found that Boscia product line. I started with just the Vital Daily Moisturizer which worked wonders in about a week. Now I use the Moisture Pak as a mask, the hydrating night cream, and the eye cream. It's done wonders for my complexion and my dryness issu. I also changed the type of make up I wore. I found that Tarte's Amazonian Clay powder helps in keeping m y face soft during the day in conjunction with the Boscia. Hope that helps! 

Manda
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have used products like Clinique's Moisture Surge however, it never really worked well for my skin.  I would put it on my face and it would just seem to soak it up.  However, like another person, I would recommend FAB Ultra Moisturizing Cream.  This is the only cream which seemed to have helped my dryness and kept my skin hydrated.

corrin99
Answered
(0) Hearts

Make sure you're not getting toothpaste all around your mouth, I did it last year and got a rash, dry and flaky.  If you're good on that try exfoliating off the dry patches with Clinique Exfoliating Scrub or 7 Day Scrub, then use Clinique Moisture Surge, I love it, I have not tried the new Moisture Surge Instense, they have a free sample right now code INTENSE.  You can add a few drops of vitamin e oil to your lotion at night for extra healing and moisture.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • Manda
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupbaby220
    • nikkishea
    • mrsbaine