Answer
jeremylately
Accepted Solution
How to get rid of the dry flakes around cheek and forehead areas?

Hello. I currently use these products morning + evening.

Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam

- Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000™; 75% Hyaluronic Acid Complex - 1 oz

SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Moisturizer - 1 oz

I also use lukewarm water when I cleanse my face.

So I'm not sure why these products are not working for me.

Please let me know what I can do to help improve my skin.

Thanks in advance!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hi jeremylately!

I think you have a GREAT regimen that you are using! The only thing I would suggest you switch out or try differently is the cleanser. Sometimes a gel or a foam/mousse can be a little bit more drying and might leave your face feeling tight or more dry. You can also try using a VERY mild exfoliator (along with drinking lots of water!) to keep your skin hydrated from within and to help remove any buildup of dead skin cells or flakes on the face. 

Being in cold weather can cause this as well, I noticed the same thing on my own skin this morning after being in a cold climate the last 2 weeks. :smileywink:

Do you apply your moisturizer at night? This can be super helpful to retain moisture in the skin overnight and can treat your skin a little bit more too. Try adding your moisturizer at night, switch to a creamy cleanser and a light exfoliatant like any of the ones below and see how your skin feels in a week or so. You may need to even switch to a bit heavier cream if your skin still feels dry. 

Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser

Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
jeremylately
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll try a different cleanser and adjust my moisturizer. Thanks! :smileyhappy:
kssweetheart
Hey jeremylately - good suggestions from dianabt.

You might also want to try Philosophy Oxygen Peel ('peel' makes it sound harsh, it really isn't) You apply the products and they foam up (think Mrs Doubtfire with her 'Meringue Pie Mask') you then scrape them off with the spatula they provide (also sounds harsh, it's not) You control the amount of 'peel-age' based on how long you leave the products on and which side of the spatula you use (one side is kind of sharper than the other and gives you a deeper 'peel' - it's not like an acid peel - the name is decieving) If you like, you can start slow and work your way up to the maximum time. Then follow up with your skincare products. I usually wait just a little while before applying anything, that's just me. Your skin will look and feel so amazing, I swear by it.

Another idea is the Clarisonic Mia (the Mia is the smaller, less expensive version and is used on your face. The larger one is designed for your face and body) I love it. Look around, you can very often find a sale or special promotion that includes some skincare items with purchase. Sephora carries this.

Hope this helps, let us know how you make out. Have a good one.
kssweetheart
Forgot to tell you, Clarisonic has removable brush heads that need to be replaced. They now make 3 different brush heads, sensitive, regular and deep pore cleansing. You can play around and see what works best for you. Best of luck.
dianabt
@kssweetheart, the Mrs. Doubtfire reference is great lol! :smileyhappy: I also agree with your Clarisonic recommendation! I have seen people's skin transform with that amazing brush, good call out!
jeremylately
@kssweetheart - haha! Love that movie. Thank you for your suggestion about the clarisonic mia. As my pores are my latest concern, I'll be sure to research about the deep pore cleansing brush option as well.
kssweetheart
(0) Hearts
@jeremylately - hi - I just happened to go back to try & find another post and just saw your response from a MONTH ago, sorry I missed it. I love Mrs Doubtfire. They way that product looks on it just too funny, you have to let me know if you try it, I'm sure it will crack you up. My dog Brinny happened to catch a quick look at me with it on and she flipped, poor thing, I think she didn't know it was me, and she's a bit of a chicken. Funny though.

Let me know if you try the mask or clarisonic, I haven't tried the deep pore cleansing brush yet, let me know if you do. You can send me a private message if you like, that way I know I won't miss it. Have a great day.
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 12 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • jeremylately
    • kssweetheart