Eye Cream for Dry Eyes Only!

I am looking for an eye cream to help with dryness around my eyes. My skin around my eyes is so dry that the outside corners crack a bit and I sometimes develop dry skin under my eye. Many of the eye creams I have tried sting the dried out skin and don't moisturize enough. Any suggestions???

I don't have wrinkles, lines, bags, and I am not looking for a product to prevent them; just drying to get rid of the dryness!

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 11

I am loyal to scant few products, trust -- but one of them is Shiseido Benefiance eye cream. This stuff is fabulous. I have tried more eye creams than my bank account cares to recall, and It's the most hydrating I have ever used. I'm 31 -- I have no wrinkles, and no beginnings of wrinkles (phew) -- but my under eye area used to be so dry that the skin looked crepey. This cream hydrates instantly and all day, and I have no desire to try anything else at this point in my life.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173620&categoryId=B70 (Don't be put off by the anti-wrinkle description -- I think it's just so rich that your skin can't think about wrinkling!)

Another potential issue -- what kind of moisturizer are you using? A good eye cream is key, but if the rest of your skin is also dry, it may not help your under eye area.

Smiley Happy

Hi aj1020, 

I agree with katie! The Shiseido Benefiance eye cream is amazing for hydrating the eye area, its SO rich and creamy, really does keep the skin moist, hydrated, bright and smooth. It has been slightly reformulated and repackaged but hopefully is just as rich and intensive as I remember!

Another great eye cream to try is the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream which is super potent, smoothing, hydrating and softening for the delicate skin around the eye area.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I recommend Clinique All About Eyes Rich, this is what I use; I too have dryness around my eyes.  Another alternative is Josie Maran Argan Oil, but since that is greasy, it should be reserved for night time.

I'm going to be really in the minority here (and I don't mean to offend anyone!!) but I personally really did not like the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist eye cream. I know it's top rated here on Sephora, but I felt that it was more on the oily side rather than creamy, probably b/c the Shiseido eye cream has mineral oil as one of its main ingredients. Especially for sensitive skin, mineral oil can be irritating, especially around the eyes. On me, I felt like it just sat on top of my skin and did not absorb. 

I have dry lids and for me the Fresh Black Tea Anti-aging concentrate has been a really pleasant surprise. I tried it via a sample and fell in love with it. It's super creamy and moisturizing. I use it at night mostly. Didn't irritate my eyes one bit, and my lids feel very soft and smooth the next morning. 

(0) Hearts

During winter, I use Kiehl`s overnight recovery oil and rub in all over-it also helps getting rid of leftover make up around the eyes. It is an absolute lifesaver!

All year around, I use Ole Henriksens Vitamin C eyecreme and the eye peel, and for the first time in my life, I don`t have issues with dryness anymore.

Kiehl`s avocado eye cream is also fab, but it has to be applied to totally dry skin, or it won`t absorb very well.

I generally feel that whenever I have issues with my skin, as natural as possible products are better, until my skin is restored back to normal again.

(0) Hearts

I am going to agree with Clinique All ABout the Eyes Rich.  It works well for dry skin.  Also, make sure you put it in the fridge, for it feels good on the eyes.

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem as you and have tried a lot of different brands lately. The Dior Hydra Youth is really good but a tad expensive (the jar is so small). The All About Eyes Rich works at first but then back to the dryness. Bobbi Brown you can't use it on your eyelids (wtf?) but as a day cream it works wonders. Try the Shiseido Benefiance, however if your skin is acne-prone, do your best to limit it to the eye area.

Even if you don't have wrinkles, lines, etc., you need to use products that help prevent them because dryness will eventually lead to all that.

Also, if you use concealer, try buying one that is liquid and actually has moisturizing/hydrating benefits. I love and live by Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. 

(0) Hearts

I have very dry lids/under eye area. Dryness isn't the only issue, my skin is very sensitive. I'm currently using Algenist Firming & Lifting Eye Gel and Algenist and Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream.

Both the Algenist eye products can be used under your eyes as well as on the entire lid.

(I called Algenist & was told both are safe to use on the entire lid/under eye area)

A lot of products can't be used on the lids. 

I apply the 1st layer of serum/gel allow it to absorb, add 2nd layer then apply the cream. I find the combination of the two products to be very hydrating & soothing.

(0) Hearts

Just a week ago I switched my daughter (who just recently started getting dryness around her eyes) on to Clinique's All About Eyes Rich Cream. It definitely seems to be helping a lot. She couldn't wear makeup under her eyes these last couple of months because they got so dry, and hated wearing eyeshadow because the lids got easily irritated, but this cream seems to be working really nicely.

(0) Hearts

I had this issue for ages, and I was trying super expensive eye creams by La Prairie and La Mer in addition to every super rich moisturizing eye product by Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Guerlain, Chanel etc., but still my under eyes were dry until I added in Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum to my skincare routine day and night. It totally worked: No more dryness Smiley Happy I apply it after cleansing and toning and before eye cream.

(0) Hearts

For dry skin around the eyes, my favorite eye creams are Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Cream and the Clinique All About Eyes Rich. 

Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 12 in conversation