Answer
jnos
Dry skin cleanser/moisturizer recommendations

My skin is fair and also somewhat sensitive, and I've had many cleansers cause breakouts. I was using the L'Oreal 360 clean gel wash with the little exfoliator, but used the exfoliator sparingly. It worked well for about a year, then it started really drying out my skin, especially my cheeks and forehead. Right now I'm using an Olay cream cleanser for sensitive skin, but I don't really like it. It doesn't make me break out or dry my skin, but my face doesn't feel clean either. I'm also looking for a new moisturizer. I'm currently using Aveeno calming facial lotion, but it actually causes my cheeks to become red, a problem I've never had before. It is also greasy and feels heavy. For the past week I've been using just straight vitamin E oil that I use on my elbows and tattoos. Problem is I can only use it at night because it makes my face shiny and I can't wear makeup over it.

I was looking at FAB's Face cleanser and Ultra repair cream, but just wanted to see if anyone else had any recommendations? I'd prefer products around $20, as my wallet is a little tight these days. I'm really bummed, I'd thought I finally found "my product" in the L'Oreal cleanser. I should also add that this isn't winter dryness- It's been going on for a long time now, but I wanted to use up the products I had already as long as they didn't make me break out.

oh, and an afterthought: I do get a little oily on my nose and chin, I also have little tiny blackheads there as well. Not sure if that impacts anything :smileytongue:

thank you in advance for any advice!! sorry if it got too long!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Manda
Answered
[ Edited ]

I plan on getting the FAB moisturizer, so I cannot comment about that.

I will suggest a cleanser that I use.  I have dry combo/sensitive skin.  Although they do not sell it on Sephora (which saddens me), you could try Elizabeth Arden's Hydro Cream Cleanser for dry/sensitive skin.  It is the product that I use.  Not only does it moisturize, but it helped to heal up a lot of the acne that was being caused by drying products.  There are oats within the cleanser, which helps to sooth sensitive skin.  If you want to try it out, don't be afraid to go to an Elizabeth Arden counter and tell them your situation.  Also, ask to see if they are willing to allow you to sample their product.  They were more than helpful to me and gave me a sample right away.

Also, I know you didn't ask for one however, if you use a toner, try to aim for something that is alcohol free.  It will really benefit your skin by helping to eliminate any dryness that may occur from alcohol.

I hope I provided you with some useful tips.  Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • Manda
    • prosarab
    • jnos