Answer
loganberry718
Accepted Solution
DRY SKIN
(0) Hearts

I have HORRIBLE dry skin on my face. Literally tons of peels can come off my face after I rub my face after a shower! What is the best, but cheap, products to use for face wash and lotion to keep my face as moisturized as possible!?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered

An excellent moisturizer for severely dry skin is First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream.  It's a thick, rich, emollient product that hydrates deep down with exceptional penetration.  This cream is for anyone with severely dry, scaly skin due to harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments, or any of the following conditions: atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, and keratosis pilaris.  You can read more about it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MSXMYTE4UD01CCV0KRTRPIQ?id=P248407&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Answers: 9
prettyinpa
Answered

Having "ton of peels" coming off your face after a shower is beyond the scope of regular moisturizer. This sounds like a problem  best addressed by a dermatologist. In many cases, going to the doctor is much cheaper than trying many different products that don't work, or worse, make your problem even more severe. 

tmgood1
Answered

start with a soapless cleanser that is correct for your skin, for instance, CeraVe hydrating cleanser (does not lather), designed for dry skin. For oily skin, CeraVe Foaming cleanser.  This brand is recommended by dermatologists, its designed for acne-prone, sensitive skin. The moisterizers are oil-free, non-comedongenic and they have active ingrediants that are already found in your own skin, ceramide, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid.  All this helps to repair and maintain your skin.

6aad0801
Answered

Cheapest and hugely effective is to drink lots of water.:smileyhappy:

Cleanse your skin with what works for you and in your budget; I suggest Purpose by Johnson&Johnson.

Then purchase a matching toner and moisturizer (light one for day and thicker cream for night).

Cleanse, tone, moisturize. 1,2,3

anaa
Answered

Totally agree with prettyinpa...there may be a medical problem that needs to be addressed and may be made worse with various ingredients in products, i.e. could be an allergy.

cherrybombtastic
Answered

My dermatologist recommended me to use the Purpose cleansing bar, but it's so drying. I was even using a moisturizer and I couldn't get over the tight feeling for weeks. I switched back to using Ren ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser (it's my second bottle), which is around $32 and my skin not only felt better, but it gave me that dewy look that I always wanted. I'm not sure if $32 is too much, but if you choose to use the Purpose bar which is around $4, invest in a good moisturizer since you already have horribly drying skin. I currently use Murad's skin perfecting lotion, but that's because I have dry, acne-prone skin, so that's a different problem. I used to not bother spending money on skin products, but it's your skin. It's good to invest in your own health.

pandapple6
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have dry skin and I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL, not LOTION. The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion has oil in it which can make you break out. It is pretty cheap (1.7 oz for $13). But also use a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation during the day. 

ellabellaluv
Answered
(0) Hearts

i also used to have very dry skin in some areas. I understand how hard it is to work with when it gets so peely.I suggest you use "moisture surge" and "repairwear" from clinque. GOOD LUCK!

mmeeee
Answered
(0) Hearts

Every night, apply Aquaphor by Eucerin on. Put your hair in a ponytail, if it gets on your face. At first, your going to want to put a fairly thick layer on.

It feels completely gooey, but it is really helpful. I had really bad dry skin on my face, I didn't even want to go out. Someone told me about this, tried it, hated it, but still used it. It will take a few days, but my face is so soft.

One more thing! You're going to want to wash your face, when you wake up. It helps you wake up, some cold water on your face, and it also gets the extra Aquaphor off of your face.

I hope this helps.

cali95
Answered
(0) Hearts

I highly recommend Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream; you can find it at Nordstrom's.

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • cherrybombtastic
    • anaa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • cali95
    • 6aad0801
    • tmgood1