Answer
cocomare
Cold weather: My demise
(0) Hearts

What's a good product to fight dry, flakey skin? I exfoliate every now and then to get rid of the dead skin, following up with a moisturizer both at night and in the morning. I've been also drinking more water. But, the dryness and flakiness still returns. Once the flakiness is gone, the skin underneath is red and irritated.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
chauncie
Answered

I have the same problem, i have really dry skin and with winter comming its only gonna get worse :smileysad:

what has been working for me is that first i exfoilate my face, and then i grab one of my many masks and just relax!

What i normally use for really dry skin is the "queen helen olive oil mud mask" or the "queen helen avacado and grapefruit mud mask" these are pretty cheap (you can get a large tube for only $4 at walgreens, or rite aide, or sally beauty supply stores). I put a generous amount of product on my face, and then i just let it sit on my skin for about an hour. When i wash it off, my skin is nice and smooth. i usually follow up with a moisturizer.

If i really want to pamper myself, i will use a sheet mask. If you dont know, sheet masks are saturated with "essence". A lot of asian beauty blogs swear by these. All you have to do is take the cotton sheet mask out of the packet and place it on your face and let your skin soak up the moisture. A really good sheet mask for dry skin is the honey mask, or the olive oil mask. I usually buy these masks from asian markets, or on ebay. I use the sheet masks 3 times a week.

Another thing i do is i use sleeping masks. I got mine from missha website, with these masks you leave them on all night, and then rise off in the morning.

well i hope i helped!!
good luck!

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi coocmare,

Try using a hydrating facial mask once a week and keep drinking the water with winter on the way you'll need all the water you can drink to help prevent dry, dehydrated skin. Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • cocomare
    • chauncie
    • beautylovingirl