Answer
joesgirlie
Best liquid foundations for dry young skin?

I'm out looking for a foundation and want to get one that has light to medium coverage that is good for dry skin. My skin is not severely dry, I just want something that won't dry my skin out or make any dry spots I might have at the moment stick out. Any suggestions? :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
ssmittys
Answered

You could never go wrong with a tinted moisturizer. It it light, but gives your skin a perfectly polished look. Laura Merciers is Sephora's best selling tinted moisturizer (I'm like, 90% sure on this one). Sephora Collection has their own as well, and my personal preference is the one by Hourglass - it gives more of a moderate coverage than a sheer.

Hope this helps!

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello joesgirlie, 

I agree with ssmittys, a tinted moisturizer may be the best option for you to keep your skin hydrated, moisturized, have a light coverage and just even out the skin tone. The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers are great,and so are the BB Creams by Dr. Jar, Boscia or Clinique. These BB Creams have reparative properties that are great to treat and protect the skin while acting like a primer, moisturizer and hydrator in one.

For a bit more coverage, try the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation or Dior Nude Natural Glow. Both are light in coverage and keep your skin hydrated and moisturized with a gorgeous luminizing finish. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prochristine
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello!

Here is a product recommendation for you based on what you were looking for!

Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35Smashbox

Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
What it is:
A five-in-one set secret for achieving flawless skin on camera and beyond.

What it does:
This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas. Especially when worn under foundation, it enhances the wear of makeup for up to eight hours. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

What else you need to know:
Smashbox first heard about Asia's hottest beauty craze in the photo studios from makeup artists, who had just been on location, and found it was the best tool to perfect skin on set without all the typical layers of product such as moisturizer, primer, concealer, and foundation which can irritate sensitive skin. This unique formula creates "progressive" coverage, which means you can achieve different levels of coverage depending on how you wear it. Appropriate for all skin types, this product is free of fragrance, dermatologist tested, and non-acnegenic.

Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15

Hourglass

Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15
What it is:
A medium coverage treatment liquid foundation.

What it is formulated to do:
Veil Fluid Makeup provides luminous, long lasting coverage for a flawless complexion while fighting the signs of aging.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
The formulation contains Matrixyl to support the body's natural ability to produce collagen and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, as well as Skin Tightener ST to improve texture and promote younger looking skin. It is oil-free, parabens-free, fragrance-free, and has SPF 15.

Both of these formulas are great for what you are wanting for your complexion. Two products that are always in my PRO kit!

xoxo,

Christine

bearsmom
Answered
(0) Hearts

My little tip:  If you decide to go with the tinted moisturizer and after you buy it you think its not quite enough coverage, use a tinted primer underneath.  It can help camoflauge any imperfections and even out skin tone without really adding more coverage, it just makes your skin look brighter!! 

prettyflower
Answered
(0) Hearts

Josie Maran, Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation is great for dry skin.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • prochristine
    • dianabt
    • bearsmom
    • joesgirlie
    • prettyflower