Answer
jennyleighs86
Accepted Solution
Best body lotion for very dry skin?
(0) Hearts

Hi can anyone tell me what is the absolute best body lotion for very dry skin? Something that really works and holds moisture for quite awhile without having a bad smell or feeling sticky. I have tried so many lotions, I recently tried Aveeno's dry skin body lotion and its good but it smells like rubber to me and I do not like that plus it can be a little sticky. I have heard Cetaphil and Eucerin make some good ones as well but I wanted some advice on the feel and smell of some good options. I want to try to get one that isnt super expensive since I go through lotion like crazy as I reapply constantly through the day so I prefer a brand from the drugstore or in a big bottle.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
allegrissima
Answered
(0) Hearts

I like Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion.  I apply it immediately after washing, while the skin is still damp.  I've found that my skin stays soft throughout the whole day and best of all, it is odorless.  

I hope this helps you 

:smileyhappy:   

Answers: 6
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Since my previous post, I tried a drugstore lotion that is working great on my very dry legs.  Jergens Ultra Healing which is designed to moisturize extra dry skin has really softened my dry legs.  I could tell it was working after the first application.  I like to apply it while my skin is still damp from showering, but it works on dry skin anytime of the day, as well.  You may want to give it a try.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

gjevo
Answered
(0) Hearts

take a look here:
goodlotions dot com
babymoisturizer dot com

jrperk
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love the First Aid Beauty Repair Cream as well. I also adore Sephora's Super Supreme Body Butter. Another thing I love to do is add some Josie Maran argan oil to whatever lotion/cream I am using, it oomphs it up if I'm having a really dry skin day.

waterbaby1981
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really like Origins Precipitation.  There's a smaller bottle it comes in for $22, and really big one that's $55, and then a body souffle that's about $30 called Precipitation Extra.  It's AWESOME.  I got the big bottle because I swear I have alligator skin.  What I use in the shower is the Dove Moisturizing cleansers you can buy at the store for about $7 and then use the Precipitation on my skin to lock in moisture.  Hello, baby soft skin!  My hands get super dry and this makes them look fantastic and so smooth.

katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

CeraVe is great -- it's super hydrating and restores moisture to the skin, helping it to retain hydration. It restores the balance of lipids and protects skin from drying. It's not greasy at all, and your skin will stay moisturized all day. I love it! It's completely fragrance-free, and you can find it at drug stores for $12-14.

For not too much more, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is wonderful, too -- I used it on my super dry face for a few weeks, and it totally repaired my skin. You can use it all over! http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P248407&categoryId=B70

: )

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I second katie1724 who suggested First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  It is intensive and long lasting.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P248407&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • jennyleighs86
    • allegrissima
    • waterbaby1981
    • jrperk
    • gjevo