Accepted Solution

returning used products?

i've heard people say in reviews that they've tried something & didn't like so they will be returning it. so.. you can return a product once you've used it? does sephora just toss it then?

Re: returning used products?

(0) Hearts

I have a urban decay naked 3 palette for a gift and I tried to use it 3 times and I don't like it at all be us the colors don't look good on my skin complexion it looks brand new too can I change it for something else or store credit even tho I don't have the receive ? 

(0) Hearts

Hi @makeupbyjay,

I'm so sorry the item you received as a gift isn't working out for you! I recommend contacting your local Sephora store directly for more information regarding gift returns.

Always,

Danee

(0) Hearts

Hello! So I purchased a Kat Von D foundation like around February and a worker matched my skin color but when i got home and applied it the next day it seemed too dark/orangey it did not match my neck. Can I still return it for a lighter color even though I lost my receipt, but I have proof of purchasing it on my beauty insider. I have not used it more than 5 times, I have used it more than once just to try and mix it with a lighter foundation I have but it still looks bad on me. Thank you. 

(0) Hearts

@Mellie413,

For items purchased at our Sephora Stores, we recommend visiting your local Sephora Store http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events for assistance with your return.

<3 Melissa

(0) Hearts

Hi! I recently purchased an Anastasia brow pencil and Dipbrow from a Sephora in JCPenney when I was visiting Tennessee from Texas. I had an associate helping me find the perfect shade, and realized after using it only a couple of times, that the colors aren't the same as she demonstrated on me in the store. I bought the Caramel pencil, but accidentally grabbed the Chocolate Dipbrow instead of the matching Caramel. The Chocolate has a redder hue than I would like, and doesn't look very good with my skin tone. Would I be able to exchange it for the Caramel instead. I wouldn't be able to go back to the original store because I am back in Texas now. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

(0) Hearts

Hi! I have been really confused for days since last Friday I bought a  Nars Tinted Moisturizer in JCPenny Sephora. The shop assistant suggested me the color Alaska. However I bought it, applied it to my face, it made not only made no sense to my face but looked darker than my original skin tone!  I am upset about it.It does cost me much. Do you have any solutions? May I change another color? Thank you very much.

(0) Hearts

I bought a Marc Jacobs foundation online back in December. It just isn't working for me though I did use some of it. Is there a way I can return it for a refund or store credit? I don't have the original invoice.

(0) Hearts

can you return sponges or brushes that you have used already? 

(0) Hearts

I bought the Sephora oil free foundation about 2 weeks ago and now when I apply it, it looks like I'm a little on the orange side. I cant find the receipt anywhere... Can I still go to Sephora and return it for a different foundation?

(0) Hearts

Hi Looch84,

I'm sorry to hear that the foundation did not work out for you! For items purchased at our stores, please visit your local Sephora Store http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events and they will be glad to assist you with your return. Thank you.

<3 Melissa

(0) Hearts

Hi! I bought a BB cream from dior that was extremely expensive ($60). I bought it about 3 months ago and have not been able to get to Sephora to return it. It only has 3 shades, and the lighting in Sephora made it look good, and then I went home and it looked absolutely orange and dark and terrible. I misplaced my receipt, but I have proof that I bought it on my beauty insider card. Is there any way I can exchange it for money back?

(0) Hearts

Yes absolutely, you can go and return it, they will give a store credit that you can use to buy anything in store. It happened wit me once & I was able to do it.

(0) Hearts

I bought the Kat Von D lock it foundation last week at the JcPenny Sephora store and the next day when i tried to on my face it was too dark for me. Can i exchange it for a lighter shade?

(0) Hearts

Hi, I bought three cream lip stain yesterday and when I tried two of them on when I got home I relzied I got the wrong shades. Can I return them if I only used them once? 

(0) Hearts

Hi, I bought a gift set when I was in the US (online order) as a gift for my friend. But I recently found out that she already has the same thing. She bought it herself. So I was wondering if I could return it so that I can get her something else? The gift set is still sealed - not opened at all.

1. I am currently in Canada. Can I return this item to a Sephora store in Canada?

2. How will the return be processed? Do I need the credit card I used for my original purchase? I do not have it with me currently. It is with my husband who is still in US. Can the store process the return to the same credit card without the physical card?

Thanks! :-)

(0) Hearts

Hi Pollu,

Since it was purchased in the US, but is being returned in Canada, we'd suggest giving your local Sephora a call for details on how to process your return> http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events.  Thanks!

xo, Mia

(0) Hearts

I just bought a lipstick and it's absolutely horrible. The color is splotchy and dries out your lips, making it look crusty and just bad. I don't have a reciept for it because the associate sent it to the wrong email. I am incredibly unhappy with this experience, and am so frustrated with the product. What are my options?

(0) Hearts

Hi HaleyKate, 

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you :smileysad:  I'd suggest visiting your local Sephora or giving them a call directly, for assistance in exchanging your lipstick.  They'll be able to provide option on what the best option would be> http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events.

xo, Mia

I bought a moisturizer yesterday at a Sephora inside JCP. I was trying to get the same one I had a sample of, but accidentally bought the wrong one and didn't realize it until I tried it last night. Normally, I use what I buy anyway but this one is way too heavy for my skin and makes my face feel weird. I'd really love to get the one I had previously tried. I've only used a tiny, tiny amount of it. Can I exchange it for the other moisturizer? Are the policies different for the stores inside JCP?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Jessie83!

You should be able to exchange the moisturizer you purchased at the Sephora inside JcPenny store you made the original purchase in. Make sure to bring the original packaging for the item as well as your receipt. :smileyhappy: 

<3, Randee
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats