alexiis
Accepted Solution

returning used products?

(0) Hearts

i've heard people say in reviews that they've tried something & didn't like so they will be returning it. so.. you can return a product once you've used it? does sephora just toss it then?

kissXmakeup

Re: returning used products?

I got color matched for a foundation in sephora recently and it looked fine in the store. I wore the foundation a couple times during girls night out. The other day I wore it during the day to school, looked in the mirror & HOLY mother of black pearl. My face was Orange, darker than it should be. It was way scary. Definitely not something I am going to keep, so it's going back today. I have had issues with color matching previously and I think I give up. haha

abbyxqg

(0) Hearts

So similar to my experience. I purchased 260 dollars makeup from Boston Sephora, and I was so grateful to my Beauty Expert who seems so gentle on advising and truly care for my cosmetic literacy. 

However, when I wore the makeup on my college graduation ceremony in the daylight, I was shocked about how deep skin tone it is on me....

I should be really really really careful and do some try-out before I decide to open them right on my ceremony day.

However, still feel hesitate to return it, since I am an Asian and returning generally not making yourself feel good but guilty and sneaky

TheBlueImpulse

(0) Hearts

Or sometimes you can't anticipate how a colour will look on your face. I think it's nasty to use the samples out there on your face, who knows who's been using them on their eyes and/or lips, etc. It's really unhygienic, so I test them out on my hand and try to imagine what they'd look like on my face. I bought a lip colour that looked great on my hand, but made my lips look like they'd gotten frost bite. It's the first time I've returned something, but for a $28 lipstick that I know I won't use ever again, I don't feel guilty at all. Especially since I practically invest over $300 a month in Sephora products.

baazigar

i return stuff i dont like that is MORE then gently used to sephora all the time! i live in toronto, ontario, canada so im not sure if maybe the sephora return policies vary worldwide. as far as i know, if you have your receipt you can get a full refund NO MATTER how long ago the product was purchased. if you dont have a receipt then you can get the value of the product on a gift card.

monicaliz

People like you ruin deals like these.

mitch55

If you are returning more then gently used products, very often...

you will be cut off soon! Sephora does not have this policy so that you can take advantage of it, it is there so that clients are comfortable with buying a product and being comfotable with the fact that if they recieve a reaction, or they don't see the results they want.. they may return it.

... so please stop taking advantage of the great policy that they have here!

mbjunkie

I complete agree with Mitch55. It's just wrong to buy something and use it for long time and return it.any used item is tossed in trash. That's why beauty products are so high priced. Sephora is also very generous about offering free samples so there's no reason to buy use return so aggressively.
katnisseverbean

(0) Hearts

look i get you think theres something morally wrong with returning used products but it is incorrect to say that THAT is the reason beauty products are expensive 

if that were true drugstore products department store and 99c store makeup would all cost the same

prices are set by the brands not the distributors based on the brand name and quality of ingredients and testing

so please quit talking out your a$$ and say what you mean "i dont like your choices of returning things it makes me mad"

kellyemc

not necessarily. sometimes the product's quality declines with use, which completely sucks if you payed $30 for it. I recently (like a week ago) bought a product that was fine at first but barely provides any coverage now. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Alexiis! Sephora will accept returns for any gently used products.

asiansupergirl

What if you don't have a receipt? I bought something that  Sephora rep said I would absolutely love. After buying it and using it twice, I was not thrilled and it's been sitting on my dresser since. I lost the box it was in and don't have a receipt, can I still return it?

lalagrl

(0) Hearts

ya you can return a product without the packaging. if you lose your reciept and without the packaging it is fine. they will still return it but it takes a longer process because they have to look for the product number. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Asiansupergirl I would recommend giving the store a call to see what you need for your return. For a list of store numbers and locations nearest you, visit the Store Locator

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • alexiis
    • baazigar
    • mitch55
    • mbjunkie
    • abbyxqg