alexiis
Accepted Solution

returning used products?

i've heard people say in reviews that they've tried something & didn't like so they will be returning it. so.. you can return a product once you've used it? does sephora just toss it then?

Pollu

Re: returning used products?

(0) Hearts

Hi, I bought a gift set when I was in the US (online order) as a gift for my friend. But I recently found out that she already has the same thing. She bought it herself. So I was wondering if I could return it so that I can get her something else? The gift set is still sealed - not opened at all.

1. I am currently in Canada. Can I return this item to a Sephora store in Canada?

2. How will the return be processed? Do I need the credit card I used for my original purchase? I do not have it with me currently. It is with my husband who is still in US. Can the store process the return to the same credit card without the physical card?

Thanks! :-)

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Pollu,

Since it was purchased in the US, but is being returned in Canada, we'd suggest giving your local Sephora a call for details on how to process your return> http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events.  Thanks!

xo, Mia

HaleyKate

(0) Hearts

I just bought a lipstick and it's absolutely horrible. The color is splotchy and dries out your lips, making it look crusty and just bad. I don't have a reciept for it because the associate sent it to the wrong email. I am incredibly unhappy with this experience, and am so frustrated with the product. What are my options?

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi HaleyKate, 

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you :smileysad:  I'd suggest visiting your local Sephora or giving them a call directly, for assistance in exchanging your lipstick.  They'll be able to provide option on what the best option would be> http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events.

xo, Mia

Jessie83

I bought a moisturizer yesterday at a Sephora inside JCP. I was trying to get the same one I had a sample of, but accidentally bought the wrong one and didn't realize it until I tried it last night. Normally, I use what I buy anyway but this one is way too heavy for my skin and makes my face feel weird. I'd really love to get the one I had previously tried. I've only used a tiny, tiny amount of it. Can I exchange it for the other moisturizer? Are the policies different for the stores inside JCP?

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Jessie83!

You should be able to exchange the moisturizer you purchased at the Sephora inside JcPenny store you made the original purchase in. Make sure to bring the original packaging for the item as well as your receipt. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
LivNg

Hi, I purchased Lancome Visionaire Serum and Eye Cream couple weeks ago. However, these are too strong for my skin; I still have the receipt but the boxes are no where to be found. Can I still return it? (Canada store)

Thanks.

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi LivNg,

I recommend reaching out to your local store to see if they are able to accept a return on an item without the original packaging. For the store's contact information, please visit the store locator on our website here> http://bit.ly/1egQfkR

Best,
Randee
makeupdiva3

(0) Hearts

Hi, I recently purchased a Bite agave lip mask but am seeing no result. I actually think it's making my lips worse! The tube has a foil that you must puncture to use... will sephora accept this even though the foil is already punctured? 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

@Makeupdiva,

I'm sorry to hear that the product is not working out for you!

Please contact your local Sephora Store http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events. as they will be able to better assist with questions that you may have about your return/exchange. Thank you.

<3 Melissa
sephorafanss

(0) Hearts

I bought a Mia 2 in April and I was fine using in the summer. However, there are lots more breakouts after using it in the winter now. Can I still refund or exchange it if i have the receipt?

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi sephorafanss,

As the purchase was made more than 6 months ago, we recommend visiting your local Sephora store with your original receipt to see if you can exchange/return the item. If you have misplaced the receipt, you will need to provide a government issued ID.  It is also up to the store to accept or deny a return.  Your local Sephora location can be found here>http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events.  Thanks!

xo, Mia

ari25

(0) Hearts

I bought an eyebrow pallete a while back, and want to get a darker color. Can I exchange it in the store for a another color if mine has been used?

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Ari25,

I recommend visiting your local Sephora store with your original receipt to see if you can exchange the item. If you have misplaced the receipt, you will need to provide a government issued ID.

It is also up to the store to accept or deny a return. I hope that this information helps!

<3 Melissa
linnylinh

I ordered a Shiseido powder foundation, I used it before and really liked. However, i got the color just a little dark for my skin which is a I20. Can i return it in the mail for an exchange? 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi linnylinh,

We are happy to accept returns of any gently-used products for a refund in a Sephora retail store if you still have your receipt. You can return products without a receipt within 60 days of purchase for an exchange or store credit only. Please view our return policy here > http://bit.ly/KI3Ae3

:smileyhappy: -Laura

fmiuc

(0) Hearts

Bought a lipstick from sephora two days ago and accidentally close the cap with the lipstick not fully retract..  Can I return or exchange in store?

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi fmiuc,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the lipstick you recently purchased. You can definitely exchange the lipstick in the store. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
CrazyWoman29

(0) Hearts

what happens if I bought an eyelash curler and tried it out and didn't like it? I can still return it right?

miabt

(0) Hearts

Yes!  We accept gently used products for return/exchange.  I'd suggest visiting your local Sephora or giving them a call for assistance with returning your eyelash curler :smileywink:

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • alexiis
    • baazigar
    • mitch55
    • mbjunkie