fluffymuha

What sketchy things have you noticed in Sephora or on Sephora.com?

• I always find it funny seeing old products in the 'New' category.
  • I hate it when I review brand-new products badly and they won't publish the review.
  • When products that are on sale magically go up in price.
  • I bought my Mia 2 kit around 5 months ago for $150. Now that same kit is $200. :smileyvery-happy:
  • The daily obsession irks me for some reason. I'm guessing companies are paying Sephora to advertise there. It would make more sense to give some sort of discount or bonus BI points for the daily obsession...otherwise it's just useless I think.
msjani

Re: What sketchy things have you noticed in Sephora or on Sephora.com?

(0) Hearts

substituting samples for ones not even close to what you wanted

dianabt

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for the feedback and callouts you have! Moving this to the Customer Support board as they ARE all service issues!  

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Blackwhiskey

The same old things on sale. And when you finally see something you like on sale, it's gone in less than 5.

chelsd

(0) Hearts

By far, it's incorrectly listed sizes of promo items, which happens A LOT.  The error is always to make the promo item appear larger than it actually is.  I have written to customer service about this, and just got a placating response. 

Sonny4President

(0) Hearts

OH! When I went in to buy the Bobby Brown eye shadow Brush I noticed it was one dollar cheaper in the Cerritos Mall in California than online... SO WEIRD! 

I confirmed it in store and showed a rep. they said it was weird too...

I'm not sure about any other location - only other Sephora would be South Coast Plaza but I never got to check it there

nightknight

I also hate how the "New" page is only updated once in a blue moon. And when it actually is updated, only 30% is actually new stuff.

sp2001

The fact that the in store advertising (end cap), the packaging, and item description can be different that's what's actually in the product.

I'm looking at you Tarte eyeliner with brush that was not the brush advertised.

I'm ESPECIALLY looking at you Bite lipstick duo's or lip kits that were advertised as .07 and were really .05 (if not less!).

I'll never get over that second one. ADDRESS IT SEPHORA!

starsandbucks

I got that Tarte eyeliner too and was super annoyed by the brush that came with it. it was not (by a LONG SHOT) the brush that was shown on the web site. 

kenny

Is that the EmphasEyes liner? I've only gotten it in a set, but it didn't come with the brush?! That's ridiculous.

Same with the Bite lipstick, that's false advertising. Did you call the Rouge line to complain?

sp2001

(0) Hearts

I emailed sephora cs and bite. Really disappointed. At least they sort of admitted fault when the changed the packaging and description from .07 to .05 a few months later. 

Missie772

[ Edited ]

Ditto on all of it!

The thing that gets me the most is when things on sale go up in price. I bought my sister a brush set on sale. It went OOS and then when it came back it was almost $10 higher. And then it went back down in price. So I feel bad for those people who bought it for $10 higher!

casualuxuryxo

The sale thing drives.me.nuts.

I'd love to shop legit new stuff too. I was just thinking about that today too.

in store I've deff bought used stuff. Idk if people are opening it in the store and putting it back or workers are putting returns back. 

Price difference between sephora & SiJCP.

emmaclaire

I HATE the "new" category because it's always so completely wrong.  I wish it did its own described function because I really would like to be able to shop that way.  Oh well, Nordies works.

meagboho

Definitely the same old stuff being in the "new category" I'm not sure how long they should be there, but maybe 2 weeks or a month, not several months...

Getting a "ready to review?" Email like two seconds after I've ordered/received the product. 

myxducky

that really pisses me off too. I'm in Canada, so it always takes me at least a week to get my item so 90% of the time, I get the ready to review email before I even get the item. I always want to reply and say "well.. I would review if the item arrived to me faster!"

meagboho

Not to mention I usually try something several times (especially skin care) before reviewing anyways...

mdelrosario91

Old products will show up as "new" if there's a new shade in the line.

I hate how negative reviews don't get published, yet reviews like "Just ordered this! Can't wait to get it in the mail!!" go through.

kenny

I agree! How do all those reviews get through that are for the Anastasia contour palette that are just people asking when it will come back in stock, or just complaining about it being OOS? Yet many on topic, but negative reviews aren't published

andyhtrieu

When I get an email saying something is back in stock, but it's really not. 

myxducky

i think it's because the emails are delayed... like all of Sephora's emails, always slow and delayed! Someone else probably bought  it when it did come back in stock, and by the time you got the email and checked, it was OOS again.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 107 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • casualuxuryxo
    • emmaclaire
    • msjani
    • dianabt