Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

VIB Holiday 2012 Shopping Event FAQs

- What is the V.I.B. Holiday Shopping Event?

V.I.B. Holiday Shopping Event is a Very Important Beauty Insiders promotion offering clients 20% off all purchases from November 8-12th.  To kickoff the VIB Holiday Shopping Event, Very Important Beauty Insiders can attend the Opening event at their local store on 11/8.

- What will be offered at the Opening event?
V.I.Bs will receive the below benefits at the event, happening all day at your local Sephora store:

•    20% off for VIBs and one guest
  •    Complimentary Limited-Edition Sephora Tote
  •    First Access to New Holiday Beauty
  •    Holiday Makeup Lessons at the Beauty Studio

V.I.Bs will receive an email inviting them to the event on 11/6.  If you are a V.I.B. and have not received the email by 11/6 please log into the V.I.B. only section on Beauty Talk and print the invite here: http://seph.me/SrbV3R

- Can’t make it to the party? Share your 20% off with a friend. Online only.
Use this link to share your 20% code with one friend> http://seph.me/YDPQnW

- What does the tote look like?

The tote is a black laminated woven re-usable bag.  The tote is only available for V.I.B. clients starting November 8th online and in stores   (no promo code required).   

- Is the discount available at Sephora inside jcpenney stores?
Yes, the 20% off discount and event are available at Sephora inside jcp stores.

- Is the discount available with Canadian orders?

The 20% off discount is available in US and Canada stores but it not available with Canadian checkout online.

- Can I redeem the 20% off offer more than once?
The offer can be redeemed multiple times until November 12th.

- Can my friend redeem the 20% off offer more than once?
No, the 20% off offer for friends can only be redeemed once.

- Are there any exclusions to the offer?
The offer is not valid on purchases of Gift Cards or eGift Certificates, towards previous purchases and may not be combined with any other   offers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
- What is VIB?
V.I.B. (Very Important Beauty Insider) is the premium level for Beauty Insiders.  Spend $350 at a Sephora store, on Sephora.com or in a Sephora inside JCPenney location in a calendar year (January – December) and you automatically earn V.I.B. status for that year and the next.  Learn more about the V.I.B. program at any Sephora store or online at http://seph.me/VR8btw

Re: VIB Holiday 2012 Shopping Event FAQs

I really hope the store employees are informed about this. Last time there was a gift, (an umbrella) I had a card for it saying to be there on a specific date so I would receive it with my purchase. When I paid, they made no mention of it, so I showed them the little card and they examined it like it was space junk. They had no idea what was going on. I almost left but I went and asked again and they said something like, "Oh, we have the shipment in the back, you'll have to come back for it tomorrow."  Needless to say I went to the Sephora in JC Penny, showed them the card and my receipt, and they gave me the umbrella with no hassle.

I hope there won't be a repeat of this on Thursday.

Have any Canadian VIBs received the card and/or the email?

Hi Jennifer 26!

I did indeed receive my email yesterday. It did not say what time the sale started so I went to the store locator on the email and it told me there were no Sephora locations in Vancouver BC! Luckily, I had the number on an old reciept, so I just called them and the sale starts when the store opens. 

I think you are ok if you bring your beauty insider card.

Haven't received email, when I try to access the VIB only forum to print out the coupon, it tells me access denied. Please help! I'm going to stock up on my essentials come 11/8. 😃

I'm having the same problem.  I'm leaving town tomorrow for a shopping trip and would like the coupon before I leave.  Thanks!

@Fun2play and Rbartanen I will take a look at your account and send you a message with more information.

Anonymous Insider

I tried to share a code with my friend online, but it says I'm not a registered VIB member even though I am. Please help?

Fixed it, I've read other ppl were having similar problems. Try this! If you're using explore, then sign-in using firefox, if you're using firefox, then do the opposite. This helps clear your cache and should "re-set" your page so to speak.

Is the shopping bag available for the friend I bring along as well? How limited is this complimentary bag? I would love to attend a store to get it, but I won't be able to go till end of the day. I am debating whether I should skip the store and just get it online.

Thanks!

mtiny wrote:

Is the shopping bag available for the friend I bring along as well? How limited is this complimentary bag? I would love to attend a store to get it, but I won't be able to go till end of the day. I am debating whether I should skip the store and just get it online.

Thanks!

The tote is just for VIBs, so your friend won't be eligible to receive it.  The quantities vary by store, so you might want to check with your nearest store for more information.

how about for canada shipping address.  is this applicable. i think i can't make it on stores. just want to purchase online. 

cairin wrote:

how about for canada shipping address.  is this applicable. i think i can't make it on stores. just want to purchase online. 

Sorry Cairin!  We aren't able to apply the discount to Canadian orders.  It is only redeemable in store.

Hi. I am a vib and have not received this 20% off coupon yet in my e-mail..
Anonymous Insider

I didn't get an email.  I did, however, get a printed invitation in US mail yesterday.

leanecol wrote:
Hi. I am a vib and have not received this 20% off coupon yet in my e-mail..
Please check back throughout the day Leanecol!  They are still being sent out throughout the day 🙂 You can also visit our VIB board here to print out the coupon or get the code>
http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/VIB-Holiday-2012-Shopping-Event/td-p/387663

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Hiya! Newbie here to this forum. I never knew...I couldn't find where to start a post.

Anyway I'm stuck. My printers broken. I have alot of points. After about 15 attempts to get my email on 'the list', I gave up.  So I copied the coupon onto a doc, on the chance this next noreaster doesn't slam us east coasters to much and maybe I can stop somewhere to print it out. I miss the mailed out card alot this year!  Otherwise, however could I shop in store? Well thanks in advance!

stillkiki2 wrote:

Hiya! Newbie here to this forum. I never knew...I couldn't find where to start a post.

Anyway I'm stuck. My printers broken. I have alot of points. After about 15 attempts to get my email on 'the list', I gave up.  So I copied the coupon onto a doc, on the chance this next noreaster doesn't slam us east coasters to much and maybe I can stop somewhere to print it out. I miss the mailed out card alot this year!  Otherwise, however could I shop in store? Well thanks in advance!

Hi there! You shouldn't have a problem in store at all even if you don't have the printout our direct mailer as long as you have your BI card with you or can give the cast member your email address that is linked to your VIB account so they can pull up and verify your VIB status. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Can the friend use her own account with the 20% or does it have to be on my account if purchased online?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing