Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

VERY UPSET BAIT AND SWITCH TOM FORD

I have always been happy with Sephora but lately the quality of service has been going down. I usually buy things in the store but when there is a weekly special or perk (buy something for $25 or $35 and you get a deluxe sample) I will buy online.

Today there was a promotion for buy $35 and get a Tom Ford mini lipstick or perfume. I purchased something and the lipstick went in my cart. I thought allows well because usually when Sephora is out of a promotion the website will say (sold out or no items available).   That is good because you can decide to cancel your order. This time the lipstick was processed with my order.  
Later Sephora sends me cheesy email telling me that my order was modified and they canceled the Tom Ford lipstick . 
I called the customer service line because #1 a perfume was offered and they could have substituted it for the lipstick.  #2 if they were out of the deluxe sample why didn't the website say so before I clicked "complete order"
#3. I feel deceived. I only made the order so I could get the special.  Even had to look twice at terms because I was not really sure I even needed what I was buying.
Then I cannot even cancel the order.  I was not offered anything else either. Just sorry.  
So is this just something Sephora does to raise sales and then you do not keep your end of the bargain?
I used to be VIB Rouge with you until your quality of service went down and then I started shopping more at the skinstore which has far ore discounts.
I am really thinking of complaining to the BBB.

Re: VERY UPSET BAIT AND SWITCH TOM FORD

Yep, they did the same thing to me and its i100% illegal! I encourage you to post a review on your social outlets and report them to the Better Business Bureau. You can fill out a report online with the BBB, it's super simple. Unethical and illegal sales tactics need to be exposed!

Thank you Mali for clearing my concern.

Hi @afrocity

I'm happy to look into this for you. I'll send you a private message!

Best,

Mali

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing