shell07

Using gift cards online

I placed an order on Sephora.com tonight.  When I got to checkout, and after much frustration, I realized you can only use one gift card per order.  I received two gift cards for Christmas and wanted to place one large order. 

I called Customer Service and the rep I spoke to was awesome.  She was very sweet and helpful...can't say enough good things about the experience. 

However, with the growing popularity of gift cards, I sincerely hope that Sephora.com can fix this issue and allow more than one card to be entered at checkout. 

xKiki

Re: Using gift cards online

(0) Hearts

I'm facing the same issue !  I received 5 cards at $20/card ($100). VERY FRUSTRATING. So, instead I'll be going to the mall tomorrow with my two children in tow instead of being able to order here and now. I'm hoping I can still apply my Beauty Insider points for the D&B gift set in their store, as well as the samples. I'm ALSO hoping that they aren't out of stock with any particular product I'm trying to order.

kns0705

(0) Hearts

Nice...I was not able to call in time and could not check out online with 2 gift cards (my gift card and holiday promotion).  So now the holiday promotion is expired and Sephora will not honor it.  Even though I am getting reminders that this stuff has been in my cart since Monday.  I don't think I would be irritated if customer service rep that I spoke with did not insist that I could have entered both online.  Clearly, reading above, I am not the only one having this issue and it is a well known problem. I realize that all she has to do is keep clicking apply and entering more numbers to enter up to 10, but it is not the same online.    

Nomsa

(0) Hearts

Def. agree that not being able to use multiple gift cards is very frustrating.  I am doing my online shopping, however can't call customer service as they are closed at this hour.  I spent a lot of time carefully choosing my products and now my order will have to be cancelled.  I am going to find another beauty online - this is ridiculous

sonyatoto

(0) Hearts

it is so painful for checking out, can not use 2 giftcards. and i try to call the customer service, but as i have time difference with usa, always do not have time to fix it. really painful.....

meganthevegan

(0) Hearts

I'm so adverse to calling to order things - I'm skipping ordering altogether. Hope Sephora finds a fix soon - it's really very silly.

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone!  

Currently, only one Sephora Gift Card may be redeemed during an online checkout. This includes our Holiday Reward Card, as these cards are applied in the Gift Card field at checkout.

For assistance with placing your order using multiple gift cards, please contact us by phone at 1-877-SEPHORA and one of our Beauty Advisors will be happy to help :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

ZirisMommy

(0) Hearts

yes, you actually can use two gift cadrs per order

JCLJCL

(0) Hearts

I agree - seems very strange that you cannot use more than one gift card at a time - this issue has been out for quite some time and needs to be fixed!

BJluvsMO

(0) Hearts

Seems there is still no resolution, so I will not be ordering anything

esm90

[ Edited ]

Ok, it's been *two years* since this was first brought up and since it's been "worked on for the future", which clearly never happened since I just tried a few hours ago and it's still not possible to use two gift cards on one transaction. How hard can that possibly be?? It really doesn't seem like they take customer feedback into consideration at all, since this is such an obvious and simple problem to fix, and it's taken over two years - if it ever even happens at all. Really inconvenient and senseless oversight.

meganthevegan

This post is from almost 2 years ago. I just tried to check-out using two gift cards and was shocked to see this has still not been rectified.

roxydare

(0) Hearts

My issue is that my husband would like me to make my purchases through eBates.com. I shop at Sephora over Ulta because I can buy gift cards at Kroger (and get gas points!). I have an order for which I'd wanted to use three gift cards. I really only need $50 worth of items, but since that didn't qualify for free shipping, I ordered one more item. I seem to get caught no matter what. I am waiting for customer service to open, to see if I have any other options available to me.

asiangirl0007

I don't know how much are your gift cards for but there is a lot of promotional codes that are great right now to use with $25.00 purchase. So maybe making 2 smaller purchases isn't a bad thing. Just a thought in case you forgot about promotional delux samples. I love getting those.

makeupobesessed

Good to know because I have a few gift cards and I was waiting for the new year to use them. I don't understand being only able to use one gift card, just like using only one promotional code. That also should change. I recently made a purchase before Christmas and I put the code in for the iPad cover, but really wanted the mascara code...I couldn't change it and the iPad cover was not worth it.
tiffanybt

@makeupobesessed - I'll be sure to pass along your request to honor more than one gift card and promotional offer. Thanks for sharing. :smileywink: 

Cheers,

Tiffany

keelybt

Hi Shell07.  That is something we are working on for the future :smileyhappy: In the meantime, it is necessary to call if you have more than one gift card.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience that caused but I'm very glad to hear that you had such a good experience when you did call.

jxw200

i'm glad to hear that you can call and use multiple gift cards! 

i agree that it would be very nice to be able to use more than one - i'd much rather purchase online most of the time and there are so many online only products i'd like to try. when i've encountered those situations i've either just waited to go to a store or sucked it up and paid the difference!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • jxw200
    • tiffanybt
    • asiangirl0007
    • makeupobesessed
    • shell07