Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Unsuccessful Authorization - order cancelled without notice for the 2nd time

I placed my order during the VIB spring sale.  As a VIB, I used the VIBSPRING coupon.

I first tried to use the coupon for overseas sale for delivery straight to Japan (where I live) to no avail.  After 20 minutes of trying to figure out why it wouldn't work, I was told that the VIB sales were invalid for overseas sales.  Let's not even go into why that's completely insane, but OK whatever.  

I then changed my address to my US office address.  First time I put through the order perfectly, everything fine.  I checked the order later that night out of curiosity to see if it was being shipped yet - and it read Unsuccessful Authorization and all the order was cancelled.  I spent another 20 minutes on the phone to Sephora customer support, explaining about my address in the US, etc.  The order was replaced with the VIBSPRING coupon code but I missed out on a bunch of products I wanted because they had sold out between the time I ordered and the time my order was unceremoniously cancelled without any notification to my email or phone.  

The order was then changed to Shipping and I thought that was that.  However, I've now just logged in again and noticed that my 2nd order (EDIT: The order that was actually placed by SEPHORA customer support!!!!!!) was again changed to "Unsuccessful Authorization" once again without any notification to my email or phone, and my COMPLETE ORDER CANCELLED.  So let me get this straight: customer service placed the order again because I originally had "Unsuccessful Authorization" and then the order PLACED by customer service was marked as Unsuccessful Authorization?!

What kind of two bit company is this? I was under the mistaken assumption that Sephora was some kind of large company capable of actually selling products to a person who is trying to give you money!  However, now the VIB sale is over AND a bunch more of my products that I wished to buy are out of stock!  Let's not mention the fact that I HAVE BEEN CHARGED (!) for this with no refund yet!

Re: Unsuccessful Authorization - order cancelled without notice for the 2nd time

Hi @vavis,

I'm very sorry to hear this! Please rest assured if the order has been cancelled due to Unsuccessful Authorization, the amounts you are seeing on your account are temporary pending authorizations and not charges. We will not charge for an order unless it ships. I'll look into this more and send you a PM soon! 

XOXO,
Marieke
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing