Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Substituted Sample Problem

I rarely get the samples I have selected, and I understand substitutions are occuring. I cannot help feeling disappointed when it happens all of the time though. I really want to try things I am interested in, not what the warehouse employee filling my order decides to toss in the box. My substitutes are not even comparable to my selections, and include two fragrances that I already do not care for.

I selected these:

20170309_113316.png

And received these instead...

20170309_113457.jpg

Re: Substituted Sample Problem

I think this is a huge problem lately... promos and samples are a key part of when I place and order and getting what I ask for has been less than 50/50.  Promos are listed in 'mobile offers' for a long time after they are no longer available or brand new listing aren't even available!  I'm wondering if it's a problem with distribution center locations vs customer locations?  I may not continue to be a VIB Rouge at this rate.  Constantly getting stuff you don't want or need is a let down and will make me think twice about whether I really need to order anything at all (which I usually don't NEED).

SEPHORA TAKE MORE NOTICE OF THIS ISSUE.  Thank you

hoping to revive these posts so someone pays attention!! corporate needs to know that their fulfillment centers have totally dropped the ball.

This is a consistent problem lately with sephora, as can be seen from the thousands of hits that come up when you search "no samples."  It is really disappointing because that is one of the biggest draws that distinguishes them from places like Blue Mercury.  Once they stopped printing the requested samples on the packing slip, I don't get them at all or I get 3 that don't make any sense - like men's cologne samples.  I just got 2 orders in - one had no samples and the other had 2 that I didn't ask for.  Is there any way this can get escalated up to corporate so that they fix the issue at packing instead of everyone having to get extra points to make up for it? I have requested this to be fixed many times but it doesn't seem to go anywhere.  Don't get me wrong, customer service on this site is super nice - fantastic - and i really appreciate their helpful responses...but whoever is doing the packing needs to step it up.

Sephora used to be so good about sending you the samples you actually selected.  That all stopped since last year and it's really frustrating.  I used to order online once a week but I do so maybe once a month now.  Get your sh*t together, Sephora.  

he you got the Nirvana i wanted and didnt get LOL

Wanted to piggy back on this. For the past 10 orders, I think I have received 1 sample that I requested. Not even exaggerating! Most recently, I received a men's cologne sample which should not even be considered a sample. It was a card with perfume, like the ones you get in magazines. I understand substitutions happen, but this has been happening so frequently recently, and on top of that to basically receive scented cardboard, is really getting annoying. The website should only show samples that are available at all warehouses, and if they are no longer available, then they would be substituted. That would probably ease some of the issues that has caused.

This happens to me all the time lately! It used to be maybe one sample was different, which I totally understand happens sometimes. But I order at least once a week, and I can't remember the last time even one sample was one I asked for. Frustrating! And the samples they substitute are never better ones-usually carded perfume samples instead.

Hi @angel7594

I'm so sorry to hear that your samples were substituted. Our website does call out this may happen and I am very sorry for any inconvenience! Regretfully we do not have in place a system that will give you similar samples to the ones you selected if the substitution does occur. We understand that it can be frustrating and truly appreciate your patience and understanding. We will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate contact. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Marieke please dont insult are intelligence the site calls out, you have problem with one of your shipping centers Utah to be exact that doesnt put the samples you request...It's not that you run out because days later the samples are still on the webiste

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • 20170309_113316.png
  • 20170309_113457.jpg
testing