LolaVal

Sephora is taking money for my orders but none of the orders have been confirmed!

So I have been trying to purchase the items in my bag for the sale.  When I get to the "Place your order" page, I press the button, and it takes forever to process and then it says that my order has been cancelled due to some sort of number code reason.  I have repeatedly tried to place an order and none of them have gone through.  Then I went to "My orders" and checked to see whether any of these orders actually went through and none of them have been confirmed on my order page.  But I recently checked my bank account and it's stating that sephora is withdrawing my money for each time that I tried to place the order (approximately  12 times) even though the website explicitly said that my order was cancelled!  Over all, sephora has withdrew almost $3,000 from my bank account!!!!  This is ridiculous!!!  

Can a mod please contact me to fix this!!!

Londonlover101

Re: Sephora is taking money for my orders but none of the orders have been confirmed!

(0) Hearts

oh my gosh! I so sorry lolaval! I cannot believe they took 3,000$ out of your bank account! whether its an accident or not Sephora needs to fix this,I really really really hope you can get this situation solved because I would hate to be in that position,I would suggest not only calling Sephora and talking to a Mod online but contacting your bank as well to notify them of this situation.I really hope this gets fixed for you because that sucks!

peace, love, and good luck,skye <3

collegestudnet2

Re: Sephora is taking money for my orders but none of the orders have been confirmed!

(0) Hearts

I placed an order online and it got declined. I was shocked because I had more then enough to cover it. I tried again and then again. When I went to my PNC online banking account I noticed they charged me three times. I emailed Sephora and they said it would take 1-7 business days. When I called Sephora I asked if they could call my bank and they said no. I told them it would be easy to call and they would remove the purchase immediately. Anyways they said it would take 24 hours because they contacted by bank by email. I didn't even tell them my bank info so I have no idea if that is true. 24 hours later and it is still pending in my account. Which means I have several order transaction and several dollars missing in my account. Pending is the same as a transaction because I can no longer use that money for bills, food, etc. This is the worst online experience I have ever had. And the worst part about it is I was expecting my products in three days for a gift to someone else. Now I have so much money gone from my debit card I can't buy another gift, or even buy gas. Thanks!!! NEVER AGAIN!!

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

The bank will return your money in 2-3 business day.  Happened to me on ulta(charged 5 times), called in and they told me the order was not processed and it will clear up  

nessieleigh

(0) Hearts

Mine has done the same thing, and I called them about it... They said that I wasn't billed for the purchase, and the money should be back in my account in 1-7 business days!!! I don't think I'll be ordering from Sephora online ever again!!

Jaycake

(0) Hearts

I placed an order but it isn't showing up in my order history and my items are still in my checkout cart- what the? 

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

Finally my online banking is showing the purchases I have made since Thursday. Usually it updates a day or two later but it wasn't displaying anything new.

Fortunately, it only shows Sephora once so glad the other orders never went through, along with my VS order I made a couple of days ago.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

and this is why i like to pay. in cash. at the store. :smileywink:

elonacarona

(0) Hearts

Same thing happened to me! I ordered the nars cheek palette and hourglass ambient powder palette! Except my order went through and everything BUT I did not recieve a confirmation e-mail andit does not show my order on my account! The worst part is that sephora actually charged my account for those products! What is going on?!?!?!?!!

mommyto4

I placed a very large order during f&f.  The order was canned by sephora due to "suspicious activity"- once this was explained to me I understood why.  But there was still a charge on my cc for the original amount.  I told the rep I wouldn't place a new order until this was resolved.  She offered to do a conference call with my cc to have them drop the charges.  It took about 5 minutes and the charge was removed.  I recommend asking their reps to do the same for anyone who hasn't had the charges dropped.

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

UPDATE:  So at 9 AM PST this morning, I called the VIB rouge hotline.  I explained to them what happened and how my account was charged $3,000 for orders that were "cancelled" and I asked them to cancel these orders immediately so that the hold on my bank account can be released.  Kirsten, the customer rep was extremely nice and apologetic, she told me that she will put me on hold temporarily and will contact sephora's credit department.  During the hold, somehow they hung up on me.  I called them back and was greeted by Jeanette, another very nice customer representative.  I told her what had happened and she told me that Kirsten had already sent the request to their credit department and I should have the hold released within 24-48 hours.  

I checked my bank online this afternoon at around 5 PM and the hold has been released.  A very very big thank you to the VIB rouge hotline representatives Kirsten and Jeanette for helping me sort through this mess.  Sephora - please fix these problems before the next event.  We cannot have this happen again!

Mystiques

I wrote an email to Sephora customer service before I went to bed explaining my situation. Then this afternoon they replied telling me it would take 1-7 days for the pending charges to drop. So far the charge is still pending. And it will probably be pending until the sale is over.

I'm really upset with Sephora that they don't even say sorry or will do anything about it. Just telling me to go place another order. On top of that before the sale I was only 192 dollars away from rouge now it says I'm 272 dollars away from rouge.

LolaVal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Mystiques,  I completely understand how you feel.  Here's what you need to do:  you need to call the Vib hotline!  Explain to them exactly what happened and how there is hold on your account and ask them to have their credit department cancel these orders.  They should be able to do this send the request and then it should credit your account.  You need to do this quickly before the weekend starts because then your financial institution may not update it fast enough.  PM me if you need more information.

Mystiques

LolaVal, I'm happy they fixed your issue with the 3,000 dollars :smileyhappy: I think I would have had a stroke if they had put that much money on hold on me. I called Sephora an hour or so ago. They told me they would expedite removing the hold on my money. And that it should take 24-48 hours to clear from my account. So I hope for the best. But some of the stuff I had in my basket is already sold out.

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Mystiques ~ I'm so glad that they are expediting the release of the hold on your cc.  I will have my fingers crossed for your card's freedom tomorrow.  Believe me, I almost had a stroke when I saw more than $3,000 in charges from Sephora.  I think the thing that was really upsetting is that we all were so looking forward to this, and the ridiculousness of being charged the same amount so many times for transactions that we can't even get our hands on is so frustrating.  

I'm sorry that some of the things you had in your basket are sold out online.  Do you live near a sephora?  If you are within driving distance, why don't you give them a call to see whether the items are available in stores?  I went to my local sephora today and saw a lot of items available when it's sold out online.

Mystiques

(0) Hearts

LolaVal, yes there is a Sephora near me. It's a good idea. I may have to take a peek at what they have. Maybe I can get one of those cute christmas wrap boxes too :smileyhappy: That I have seen people post pictures of here on the forum.

jojobe

Call your financial institution. They have helped almost all of us on here  so there is a good chance of them being dropped. I had 8 and they all got cleared with some insistence. It is a few minutes on the phone as compared to waiting until they fall off. I personally will not but anything during this sale due to just that.  

Mystiques

(0) Hearts

Thanks :smileyhappy: I may try calling Chase and see if they will do anything about it.

MACGIRL87

(0) Hearts

if you are having issue with order i suggest that you call themso they can get it fixed they are fixing the order and the transation issues.

Hope this helps!!!!

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

I'm scared to order now, I really can't afford something like that to happen to me.

jojobe

(0) Hearts

It won't happen now as most people got what they wanted if it is still in stock. It only happened because of the high traffic. IF it won't let you place it the first time just call CS and place your order. Lesson learned for me i will just wait till 6 am and call in my order. Black Friday shopping will not be happening for me. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • jojobe
    • taketheroses
    • lmi82
    • Mystiques
    • aventurafan210