Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Sephora Thinks I'm A Fraudster

The short of it:

- I've been a loyal Sephora customer for 10+ years.

- I've been VIB Rouge since the program's inception.

- I have close to 30K points.

Clearly, I've spent a lot of time and money at/on Sephora.

Yet, for some reason, since last year, Sephora has essentially been cancelling all of my online orders.

When I called a while ago to find out why, apparently they thought I had multiple accounts. I don't - why would I, when this one has such a long (and, I would think, good) history behind it? However, my sister does (did?) also have a Sephora account; I would also occasionally shop using her account: 1) to help build up her points, and 2) it got to be annoying with the cashiers exclaiming over how many points I have whenever I shop in-store. No wonder I prefer to shop online.

Well, I thought I had cleared up all issues, BUT, my orders continue to be cancelled.

At this point, I've basically migrated all of my beauty shopping to Nordstrom, because clearly, Sephora doesn't think I'm a valuable shopper (despite my having spent literally thousands of dollars at Sephora over the years).

Just now, though, there were a few items that I couldn't get at Nordstrom, so it was with apprehension that I placed an online order.

Well, guess what? IT JUST GOT CANCELLED!!! AGAIN!!!!!!

Me to Sephora: WTF???!!!!!!

Ironically, I even work in fraud detection. It's patently obvious that I'm falsely being labelled a "positive" (i.e., a fraudster, only, I'm not), and as a result, Sephora, you're on the brink of royally pissing off this VIB Rouge customer permanently. Do you really want to lose my business, and my good will?

In sum: How the heck do I get whatever red flag is associated with my account permanently removed?

Also: The manual reviewers on your fraud detection team need retraining.

Re: Sephora Thinks I'm A Fraudster

Hi Valentin3, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you have experienced. Please give us a call at 1-877-SEPHORA and a supervisor can look into this further for you.

Re: Sephora Thinks I'm A Fraudster

That must be so frustrating @Valentin3! Hopefully a mod will see this and shoot you a PM to try to clear it up. Have you tried messaging Sephora on Facebook? They're usually really quick to respond to any issues through messaging there. There's a chance you may have to wait for Monday since it's a weekend. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing