Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Returns in store - just for store credit that cannot be used online??

Hi,

In the past, I have been able to return gifts to Sephora stores (with gift receipts) and received a Sephora gift card in exchange, that could be used in stores or online. 

Yesterday, I returned a Christmas gift (with receipt) and received a store credit that can ONLY be used in Sephora stores, NOT online at all. I didn't realize it at the time, because I had never heard of that, so I didn't ask the sales associate for clarification. 

Is this a new policy?? If so, it makes me VERY unhappy. I did not select these items for myself, and now to be limited to the products that my local store has in stock is ridiculous. Some of the products I like are only available online, and I would like to be able to order them with my Sephora credit!! 

If someone could please explain the reasoning behind this, I would appreciate it. If my sales associate somehow made a mistake, I would like to know how to fix it. I still have the receipts from the returns. 

Thank you!

Re: Returns in store - just for store credit that cannot be used online??

Hi @atr3810,

Sorry for any confusion. Since you had your receipt, you should have been given the option to receive a merchandise Gift Card for in store or online use. It sounds like the Cast Member may have forgotten about this. You can contact the store for assistance. They will be able to fix this for you. Feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance. 

Best,

Mali

Re: Returns in store - just for store credit that cannot be used online??

Hi Mali,

Thanks so much for this information! I'll go by the store and get it switched. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know!

Thanks again!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing