Answer
dianemary126
Qualifications to work at Sephora

I got an e-mail that Sephora is hiring holiday help. Does a girl need actually cosmetology school or anything to work there. or is great knowledge of skincare, haircare & makeup good? Thank you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
oliviabt
Answered

Hi, Dianmary126.The best person to answer questions about holiday hiring would be the Director of the store you're applying to. :smileyhappy: Check out our store locator to find a location near you. Good luck!

XO,
Olivia
Cari20225
Answered
(0) Hearts

A good way to get schooling is with an online makeup course. They are super affordable, they can be taken online from home, at your own pace and you become makeup certified upon completion. I researched this and the best course was from National Online Makeup Academy, NOMAUSA.com.  The course is only $299 and it was fun to complete. The classes are not just for makeup artists, but also for those who want to apply like one.

alyxandrea
Answered
(0) Hearts

Its not necessary to have schooling but it will definitely boost their confidence in hiring you

honeylemongirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you want to be hired as a makeup artist, schooling would be helpful, as would experience and a portfolio. Otherwise, I think customer service experience is most important in other positions and makeup knowledge can be taught to you. At least this seems to be the case for Sephora employees at my local Sephora. They don't seem to be makeup artists or anything, but they have a love for makeup and they have customer service skills.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • dianemary126
    • honeylemongirl
    • alyxandrea
    • Cari20225