cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Purchase Made with Gift Card Put On Store Credit Upon Returning

Hello,

I am a loyal Sephora customer who does the majority of my shopping with your company online. This is due to the fact that my local Sephora does not have near the selection of point perks that are offered online and does not offer samples like the 3 offered online, and also does not carry most of the products I love and repeatedly purchase in-store, (mainly Drunk Elephant, which is not in Canadian Sephoras and makes up the majority of my Sephora purchases).

I received a Sephora gift card for Christmas and made a purchase online. I swatched the product after receiving it and found it was not a match, so I brought it to my local Sephora to return it. Upon doing so, the sales associate that rang me through said that it had to go on store credit and could not be put back on the gift card. I asked her if store credit was the same as gift card and she said yes, which I found out is not true as store credit cannot be used with online purchases.

Is there actually a legit policy that states any returns made to Sephora that were purchased by gift card must be put on store credit? I am just struggling with the idea as I know it is logistically possible to put it back on a gift card as that is what any other store I have shopped at has done. The other reason I am so frustrated by this is that the item I want to spend this money on is from a brand that is strictly sold online (Viseart) , and I don't want to purchase something I don't truly want just because this money is now no good online.

I am not trying to be rude here, there is a reason I am loyal to Sephora because I love the products you offer, and any other time I have done in-store shopping at my local Sephora all the sales associates have always been so welcoming and amazing, and the on-line customer support has always been good to me as well. The associate who rang me through was not being rude to me either, she just did not give me any choice of having it put back on gift card nor did she provide an explanation on why it had to be put on store credit.

I am just looking for a little help in regards to someone explaining to me whether this is something that should've happened. Is this a policy that happens in every single store and something that all employees must do, regardless of whether the purchase was originally made with a gift card and receipts and original packaging were provided upon return? Is there any way I can get this put onto a gift card instead? Again, I am not looking to get anyone in trouble, the girl wasn't being rude, and if it could've been put on a gift card, it is always possible that she wasn't aware of it and thought she was doing the right thing.

Thank-you in advance!

Re: Purchase Made with Gift Card Put On Store Credit Upon Returning

Hi EmmyLove,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm truly sorry to hear about the confusion regarding your gift card. We suggest reaching out to your Sephora store directly for more information on returns made for purchases that utilized a gift card. You can also refer to our gift card FAQ's here:

http://www.sephora.com/faqs-gift-cards?country_switch=ca&lang=en

Cheers!
Nikko
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing