missy76

Problem with product... possibly used or tampered with?

(0) Hearts

Hello, I spoke with someone last month 9//20/13 about the sales associate handing me the wrong product. I wanted a NARS felt tip eyeliner and when I got home which round trip is a little over 100 miles it was the crayon like liner. I can't begin to tell you how sick I was then as this was the third or fourth time that either the product was old/ outdated ( and smelt awful) they told me that a certain product would work for me (foundation) and when I got home and tried it, it was orange.. very orange. Anyway. I had a doctors apt last week near the Sephora store, so I took the NARS crayon eyeliner back and asked for the felt tip one and a very nice younger blonde full figure woman got it for me.  I have used this exact eyeliner before ( love it) and never had any problems,  but now after using it one time on my top lids they have a slight purple cast where the eyeliner was placed and tiny fluid filled blisters as well, they are also very tender in those spots. I only had it on for 4-5 hours, and  use the mac cleanse off to remove and have never had a problem with it before. There is no way of knowing with the kind of box and liner itself that  it comes in if it has been opened before and put on someones eyes, hands, fingers, etc.. I am scared to use it again.  Please help.

miabt

Re: Problem with product... possibly used or tampered with?

Hi Missy76,

Yikes!  I would highly suggest discontinuing use for now & consulting with a physician before using it, or any other new products.  While it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what the trigger may have been, I would certainly suggest returning the eyeliner if it irritates your skin :smileysad:  You can also try reaching out to NARS directly for a listing of their ingredients, as there may be something in it that you are allergic to.  I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • miabt
    • missy76