cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Play! Subscription Cancelled?

So this is rather annoying.

I received an email on 1/15 from Sephora that my Play! subscription had been cancelled. I did not cancel it myself, so I called and spoke with a representative. I was told it was cancelled due to my card being declined, which was odd, since I had updated my card at the beginning of the month. I was asked to clarify the last four digits of my card, and when I did, I was told a different card (my old debit card) was charged. The representative I spoke with was unable to help me any further. She simply told me I would have to re-subscribe (even though it seemed to be a Sephora error). After I expressed concern about the wait list, she assured me as long it was done the same day, I could resubscribe immediately. We hung up, and when I went online, as figured, I was not able to re-subscribe due to the wait list.

I then emailed into Sephora to further speak with customer service, and I was essentially given the run around by several associates. I first received the basic "We're sorry to hear that the Sephora monthly PLAY! subscription is currently full" response, which didn't answer my question. After replying back and forth a few more times, I was told that the only card on file on my account was the last four digits for my old card (even though I was looking at my account at the same moment and it wasn't on file at all - only my new card was). I was given the run around some more - I was even given a pitch about the Play! subscription - and eventually, I was told to just call the help number again.

So I called to speak with another representative on 1/16. This time, the representative was much nicer and was able to look further into my account. She confirmed that I did update my card at the beginning of the month, though it appeared it never updated on their end for the Play! subscription. When I updated it, I double checked everything and it seemed fine, so I'm not sure why it didn't go through. The representative told me next time to call after I update it to confirm again. Even though it was a Sephora error, she still couldn't help me because the subscriptions are "currently full" and told me I would simply have to wait on the wait list to eventually re-subscribe.

So I'm left with a cancelled subscription due to a Sephora error and no one seems willing to fix the mistake. I was one of the first ever Play! subscribers during the test phase and I have been VIB Rouge for several years. I spend a lot of money with Sephora and I'm extremely disappointed with how this has been handled so far. It seems like they really don't care about their best customers.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can get Sephora to fix their mistake or how long I'll have to wait to re-subcribe? The whole thing seems ridiculous.

Re: Play! Subscription Cancelled?

I had the same problem, even though I updated my credit card and they charged the new card for that month's box, I got the email that I was cancelled.  

Hard to imagine they can't fix this glitch in their system.  Maybe they are just cancelling people who don't buy enough products from he box??  I won't bother making multiple calls to try to get back in.

Re: Play! Subscription Cancelled?

Hi @victoriaantonia,

I will send you a private message so that I can help you with this. Thank you.

Best Wishes,

Janean

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing