cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

Hi PLAY! by SEPHORA subscribers,

Some of you have been wondering how we curate each of our boxes, so we wanted to let you know how it works!

Every month, our team of beauty experts determine a selection of products around a theme or trend. We then take these products and create different box versions. Because we want you to love all of the deluxe samples you receive, we then choose which version would work best for you based on the answers you provided in your PLAY! PROFILE. This way, the products you receive are appropriate for your beauty needs.

Still have questions about how we determine what goes into your PLAY! by SEPHORA box? We want to hear from you! Check out the FAQs and chat with us below.

Q: How does PLAY! by Sephora decide which products to send to subscribers each month?

A: PLAY! By Sephora curates a selection of products every month that align with a particular beauty theme or trend we’re loving. From here, we develop box versions – which vary based on different beauty preferences like skin tone and hair. Then, we target these box versions to each subscriber based on his/her PLAY! PROFILE. We always try and send you the box that we believe is best for you.

Q: What if I don’t like the products I received in my box?

A: If you’re not sure about why you received a certain product in your box, we encourage you to take your PLAY! PASS to your local Sephora and ask for a personal, one-on-one consultation with one of our Beauty Advisors. This is one of the many perks you get with PLAY!. In-store, a Beauty Advisor can help you find a similar or complimentary products. They will even make you a custom sample so you can try it out at home.

OR, if you can’t make it to a store, you can always call or shoot us an email us: 1-844-PLAY-HLP or playhelp@sephora.com.

Q: What is the PLAY! PROFILE and how do I update my information?

A: The PLAY! PROFILE captures your beauty preferences and concerns. We use your PROFILE answers to determine which box version is best for you each month. To update your PLAY! PROFILE, first go to My Account and then click on the My Information in left navigation. From here, you can your PROFILE information like hair type, skin concern, and skin tone.

Q: What if one of the products in my box is broken, damaged or missing?

A: If you have a problem with your box, you can always call our PLAY! phone extension at 1-844-PLAY-HLP or email us at playhelp@sephora.com. We’re here to help!

Re: PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

When am I supposed to get my March samples? This is my first month and I am getting worried that their was a problem?

I'm tired of being told I can subscribe only to find out that I can't. I'm Canadian and I live along the border. I have a US shipping address. I've been told repeatedly that I can sign up for Play but the system won't accept my Canadian credit card!

I'm frustrated that I can't make note of my lipstick preference. I have never in my life worn lipstick, and it is the one beauty product I know I will never wear. Especially since I keep getting bold colors like bright red, hot pink, and glitter. My only complaint about this box is that. 

I wish the profile asked questions about if you like lip stick vs lip gloss.... I always get stuck with ugly pink lip stick and first off I hate lip stick and second who wears such bright pink colors?? I would love gloss vs lip stick 😞

Anonymous Insider

If I just ordered my box (on the 12th) will I receive this month's box?

Hello, 

It is not allowing me to purchase a play box. Any idea why?

My profile said that my foundation is medium but I find that I'm actually light to medium.  I didn't see a way to enter this information (either in my profile or in the survey).  Thoughts?  Thanks.

AMadHarpist~ No, you get what you get. There are several box variations but there is no vegan or cruelty-free option.

Anonymous Insider

I am vegan. It is very important to me that all of my beauty products are vegan and cruelty free. Is there a way for me to add this preference to my Play! subscription?

The email address isn't working.

If I just signed up for Play,  on 2/21/17, will I receive Februarys box or will I have to wait for March to get it? 

Hi christenlh81,

Since you signed up in February, you will receive your first box in March.

Why cant you opt out of perfume.  I have a million perfume samples and don't like any of them?

I NEVER wear lipstick or perfume. Is there any way to not get these items in my monthly Play? Every month I have to throw out two samples. If it keeps up I'm going to switch to Ipsy's monthly subscription. My daughter has been getting that and every month we compare products. I'm usually jealous of what she got in her bag

and that surprises me since Sephora is a makeup specialty store!! 

I tried to email the address above - "playhelp@sephora.com" but I got the error message "Your message to playhelp@sephora.com couldn't be delivered." Please fix this! 

When will our play boxes ship out?

Hi Riva1304,

Typically, boxes arrive around the 20th of the month. If you haven't received yours by now, please send me a PM here on Beauty Talk so I can check on that for you!

Why can't we receive the extra play points when shopping online?

Hi DemoiselleMoi,

Currently, Play Passes are redeemable in-store only. 

I signed up on the 3rd, will I get my box this month?

I am also wondering the same thing! 

testing