cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

Hi PLAY! by SEPHORA subscribers,

Some of you have been wondering how we curate each of our boxes, so we wanted to let you know how it works!

Every month, our team of beauty experts determine a selection of products around a theme or trend. We then take these products and create different box versions. Because we want you to love all of the deluxe samples you receive, we then choose which version would work best for you based on the answers you provided in your PLAY! PROFILE. This way, the products you receive are appropriate for your beauty needs.

Still have questions about how we determine what goes into your PLAY! by SEPHORA box? We want to hear from you! Check out the FAQs and chat with us below.

Q: How does PLAY! by Sephora decide which products to send to subscribers each month?

A: PLAY! By Sephora curates a selection of products every month that align with a particular beauty theme or trend we’re loving. From here, we develop box versions – which vary based on different beauty preferences like skin tone and hair. Then, we target these box versions to each subscriber based on his/her PLAY! PROFILE. We always try and send you the box that we believe is best for you.

Q: What if I don’t like the products I received in my box?

A: If you’re not sure about why you received a certain product in your box, we encourage you to take your PLAY! PASS to your local Sephora and ask for a personal, one-on-one consultation with one of our Beauty Advisors. This is one of the many perks you get with PLAY!. In-store, a Beauty Advisor can help you find a similar or complimentary products. They will even make you a custom sample so you can try it out at home.

OR, if you can’t make it to a store, you can always call or shoot us an email us: 1-844-PLAY-HLP or playhelp@sephora.com.

Q: What is the PLAY! PROFILE and how do I update my information?

A: The PLAY! PROFILE captures your beauty preferences and concerns. We use your PROFILE answers to determine which box version is best for you each month. To update your PLAY! PROFILE, first go to My Account and then click on the My Information in left navigation. From here, you can your PROFILE information like hair type, skin concern, and skin tone.

Q: What if one of the products in my box is broken, damaged or missing?

A: If you have a problem with your box, you can always call our PLAY! phone extension at 1-844-PLAY-HLP or email us at playhelp@sephora.com. We’re here to help!

Re: PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

My play profile is showing that my credit card was charged for this box, but the shipping just says in progress. Normally by now I have an expected delivery date, but I don't think this box has been processed. What is going on?

Hi MollyStork,

Boxes typically start shipping out around this time so please continue to keep an eye out on your inbox for your tracking information. Your box should be delivered no later than 11/23. Thanks! 

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

What if I don't want any eyelash products because I have fake lashes - is it possible to remove these types of items from any future boxes?

Hi WKASH,

We do not currently have the option to omit specific products from your box at this time but we'll be sure to pass along your feedback for future consideration. Thanks! 

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

I wish that the color of the lip products that we've been receiving would actually compliment girls with pigmented lips. 

I completed my Play profile to reflect that I have combination skin, and have concerns about acne, blackheads, and pores. Why did I get the Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment in my November Play box instead of the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment? Clearly I have concerns that need "clearing," not "hydrating." I understand that I have combo skin, but I don't see how that alone necessitates the need for a hydrating vs clearing product. Can we please have more insight into how Sephora decides which Play boxes are assigned to members? This is two months in a row where I believe I should have received a different box based on my profile answers. Wouldn't it make more sense for members to pick which box we desire?

Anonymous Insider

Ditto! I was so disappointed when I saw I'd be receiving the "aging" glamglow option instead of the clearing treatment. Yes, I'm over 30, but my bigger concern is oily skin, not wrinkles!

Same thing happened to me yet my profile says I have oily skin. Not sure why I received the hydrating one. Pretty disappointing as I've been receiving products for dry skin lately. 

Hi Jajabinx, At this time, we aren't able to allow clients to choose which box they receive. You may want to update your profile to oily, so when there is that type of option, you will likely receive the one that contains products to help clear your skin. 

I have been a subscriber for the past couple of months and have loved each box that I have received.  It does seem that Sephora really tries to meet customers' profile selections. However, I just read a beauty blog that lists the contents of the December 2016 play box (according to my Order status, I will also receive that box).  The Beauty Blogger states that box 832 contains a face primer that according to the mfg, is intended for oily skin.  My profile is up-to-date. I have had dry skin for the past 20+ years.  I am hoping the Beauty Blogger's info is incorrect..  

Anyway to confirm if the box 832 that Sephora will be shipping to me contains the face primer intended for oily skin?  That is the only personalized product in the box.

I have my profile set to oily with acne concerns and I have had the same issue with the last 2 boxes as well.

Same. Set to oily skin and I'm receiving dry skin products I can't use. 

November box has already been billed and is being shipped or already been shipped so you would receive the December box if you weren't billed for the November one earlier in the month.

When will we know which box version we will receive? 

Every month o get bizarre items or repeats ( Sephora eye makeup remover, smashbox primer or porefessional... and these are wrong for me. I never get the newer samples, and feel like I get thrown the leftover junk all the time. 

Hi QueenC20,

Each month's boxes are a surprise! We suggest watching our Sneak Peak video to get an idea of the box you'll be receiving this month!

http://www.sephora.com/play-november-2016

We always try and send you the box that we believe is best for you!

Always,

Danee

That video says almost nothing abut the upcoming box , and more specifically  does not go into any level of detail about  the actual different boxes being shipped out . 

I just completed my PLAY profile. Have the items for the November box already been picked or is there still time for ones to be picked based on my profile?

Hi EatPrayBeauty,

Your PLAY! PROFILE would have needed to be updated by 10/31/16 in order to receive this month's box based on your profile. However, please rest assured all future boxes that you'll receive will be based on the answers you provided on your profile!

Always,

Danee

testing