Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

New Website

What's the deal with your new website? Many links are broken or take me to blank pages. The menus drop down for a micro second.  I have to try several times before I can grab a link (that is then broken or a blank page).  Even my Beauty Talk links are broken!  However, Beauty Talk is the only thing that seems to work moderately well if I can get past the screen not scrolling or scrolling significantly past the next item.

I hope this is just a test run or an anomaly that will be fixed shortly (like within the next few hours).  I don't normally complain, but I don't like change and I don't like change that doesn't work.

Re: New Website

5 days. Still not working. Can't believe the amount of money they lost. 

If you're using Chrome, browse the site in Icognito mode. Either command + shift + n or click on 'file' in the top menu bar and select 'new icognito window'. It's the only way I can use the site without the stupid error messages every time I try to open a new page. In Firefox, there should be a similar option for a private window.

It does two things:

1.  You can actually navigate the site, and

2. It denies Sephora your cookies. Your will continue to deny them your cookies until they fix their laughably, embarrassingly, awful site instead of continuing to mealy-mouth about how their customers are using their site wrong ("try clearing your cache and using a different browser!" ugh).

Tried incognito days ago and didn't work. Tried again tonight and still didn't work. 

I am beyond frustrated, about 70% of the time the links go into error. I have $200 to spend but can't even get to my basket 😞

Same thing keeps happening to me. I keep getting logged out then I try to click on items to purchase and the page is not available.

I got money to spend!!

I was actually able to place an order through the app on my phone. This is beyond frustrating. Can someone from Sephora respond. 

So Sephora does not want to access all of the brands, only 4 new brands, 4 featured brands and the Sephora Collection? Can't believe it.

GUYS!  I SAW ANOTHER USER POST THAT SHE CLEARED HER WHOLE BROWSER HISTORY AND IT WORKED FOR HER.  I JUST DID THE SAME THING AND NOW THE SITE WORKS FOR ME!  

Im having this issue as well...for over a week now 

Unable to use the website on my mac. Very disappointed as I am trying to browse new products and place an order for the past few hours. 400 bad request every time.

The website is unusable on both Chrome and Safari.

not liking the new site AT ALL. mousing over anywhere near the top of the screen and it's taken over by the drop down tab selections. this is a crap design. no brands to find. wtf sephora?

Exact same problem I am having w Chrome.

Sooo frustrating. I really hope they fix this soon. The home page loads but then every search or link I click results in "400 Bad Request." And I don't feel like driving 30 mins. to the nearest Sephora to get a new bottle of Kat Von D Lock It in person. AGGGGHHH.

Seriously; how can you not have a way to search by brand anymore? I'm off to Ulta until this is fixed.

I had this problem too!  Clear your history and try again.  It worked for me! Now all links work!

Just a horrible unusable site. No brands listing and keep getting 404 error. How did they not debug and check the site before going live... not buying anything until this is fixed!!

To whom it may concern:

The new website landing page design seems to indicate that Sephora wants to create a cleaner, crisper, and more streamlined look to their website.  Unfortunately, I can only get it to actually load 1/20 times (approximately), and even if I can get the landing page to fully load (on Chrome), I tend to get a "400 Bad Request" message most of the time I try to navigate to other pages. 

At first I thought this was just a problem with the the web team only building the new design to fit IE, so (as much as I loath IE) I tried to open the Sephora site there.  To my surprise, the website loaded worse than in Chrome--with many of the images failing to appear at all.

So now I'm wondering if this new design went through any sort of debugging process at all.  Was this an attempt on Sephora's part to try saving money?  Cut corners?  I don't know.  Or maybe the poor web design and programming team was under extreme pressure to throw out the new site by upper management or an out of touch marketing or PR team. 

I obviously don't know the inner workings of Sephora's business side, but I'll bet my bottom dollar Sephora could have easily recruited the website users to test the site for them by opting in to a beta, or offering some extra beauty points for those who participate, or the 'opportunity' to take part in giving feedback on the new website could have been presented to Rouge members and could have been seen as an extra 'perk' to show them that Sephora really values their opinion.

However, this new website execution is honestly a travesty; especially considering how many people use this site on a regular basis to spend their money here.  I know that I personally would definitely be willing to buy some items right now from Sephora, but I can't get the website to work properly and I'm not interested in going to a brick and mortar location.  Instead, I'll just probably throw my money at a different business for now.

I'm not angry (it's just a website for beauty products, not the IRS website crashing at the end of tax season or anything world ending), but I am kind of annoyed.  I don't expect a response of any type (Sephora has been unsurprisingly silent on the issue), but I want my voice to be heard, and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way, but just aren't speaking up.  They're just silently fuming at their computer screen before finally turning to Ulta, Bluemercury, or whoever to buy the products they're looking for.

I'n closing, I'd just like to say that I do hope all the king's horses and all the king's men can put Sephora's website back together again.

For me, the missing brand list stinks, the set up is awkward, and the new search is really weird depending on what you're looking for but the worst thing about the new site is that it is sooooooooo slow! What is going on!? At times it's like 90's dial up slow, it gets that bad.

Whew, I thought it was just me! Missing the Brands dropdown big time!

Boycotting until this website is FIXED.  Blank pages, no listing of brands...what the heck.  Was going to buy stuff today but not now!  So disappointed!!

testing