Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

New Website

What's the deal with your new website? Many links are broken or take me to blank pages. The menus drop down for a micro second.  I have to try several times before I can grab a link (that is then broken or a blank page).  Even my Beauty Talk links are broken!  However, Beauty Talk is the only thing that seems to work moderately well if I can get past the screen not scrolling or scrolling significantly past the next item.

I hope this is just a test run or an anomaly that will be fixed shortly (like within the next few hours).  I don't normally complain, but I don't like change and I don't like change that doesn't work.

Re: New Website

I agree with everyone! Been trying to place an order for over an hour.. My wifi is fine! 

The website needs a serious overhaul I literally went back-and-forth between my iPhone and my PC trying to place an order it won't load and then when you get to the credit card area it won't let you enter the credit card number the whole website is a mess and it has been for years it's amazing they can keep me as a customer!! 

The new website is the worst I am a bib but now not happy Sephora made a HUGE mistake. Not good try Ulata a user friendly website and great promos

Has anyone had issues of writing a review for products? I tried on my phone and laptop, which is doesn't allow for me to press the button "Next"

Yes, this new format has been horrible for almost a year. The links don't work! I'm using the most recent Chrome. I have a brand new laptop with windows 10. It was such a hassle, literally taking an hour for me just to update my billing. Finally, I just canceled. I don't want to have to deal with Sephora subscription if the website doesn't work. 

Also, I can't checkout my birthday gift. I can't pull up a different category, once I choose one. For example, on the homepage, I'll select hair products, but then when I go back and select makeup, nothing happens. 

Just annoying. The android doesn't work for crap either.

The site takes FOREVER to load.  I used to enjoy browsing the new products, Sale items, etc.  Now, I don't even go to the site.  Instead, I find alternative sites to purchase products I like (Ulta, Nordstroms, etc.).  I haven't purchased nearly what I used to from Sephora because I just don't have patience for the new website. Bottom line:  IT SUCKS! 

Sorry Sephora, but your new website design just cost you a lost VIB Rouge Member.  Crappy design equals lost customer.

The new Sephora is a nightmare. The messages disappear after 2 seconds when they appear as the first time the page has no reviews. I get a glimpse of the reviews for 2 seconds if I reload the page.

The top menu keeps popping up and covering 3/4 of the page. Choosing a brand takes more steps than before. The selection tools are more weird.

I haven't tried to buy anything online recently as I am afraid with such an  unstable software. Did you hire  high school students to redo Sephora website?

I came to the Sephora site for the first time in a while (apparently! Based on how long this has been a problem) because I wanted to see if Sephora had a hair thing I wanted. What happened??? The site used to be easy to navigate and search, now if I try to search nothing happens! I guess I'll look elsewhere for now until Sephora figures this out.

After trying - and failing - to find what I needed using the new site, I too searched for a thread where I could express my frustration. What if I don't want to search products by brand, because I don't know exactly what I'm looking for and want to compare options, as I used to be able to do on Sephora.com? 

I hate the navigation options, which are constricting and don't make sense. I guess I'll be shopping elsewhere for now...

I have not been able to shop on sephora.com from my Mac for over a month now. I chatted with customer service and was simply told that there have been "no reported problems" with the website and that it is a user/computer error, not on their end. I was told to clear my cookie cache; did this to no avail. None of the buttons at the top are visible except for 'Join Flash. Free 2-day Shipping' on the left side of the black bar at the top of the screen, and on the right there is only a 'Track Order' and 'Find a Store' buttons. There is no visible button to sign in to my account, no button to view basket or any of my information. What is going on? I was told to call in my order - I am not going to do this. I have shopped here for years online and NEVER had an issue until this new upgrade. Please fix this or you will lose customers like me to your competitors. 

EXACTLY!  I was told the same thing  by them (it was my computer, blah blah).  I have tried the site on three different computers and it's awful on all of them.  Super slow loading, etc.  I feel precisely like you do and I'm sure Ulta has benefited from this.

the new drop down menu is so annoying!  everytime i move my mouse arond the screen if it touches the menu, the drop down menu autometically shows up and covers the whole window and blocking the view.  and i have to click on the edge of screen to get out of the menu.  

New changes are good if it improves the user experience and bring business.  Sephora shouldn't make the change just for the sake of changing.  More clicks to get to where you want, slow loading, broken links, these all shows poor planning and execution.  

The new website definetly made me shop less this year.  

I have the drop down menu randomly appear even if my mouse is nowhere near it hahaha. Still insanely slow for me though, I have no problem with any other website except this one. To use a link I have to click on it then leave my mouse over the link till it goes though, it takes ages to do anything!

Can't check out. Stuck on home page. Yes to whoever said Sephora is losing revenue because of website non-response.

Extremely frustrated!!  I am wanting to use my coupon but I think banging my head on a wall may actually be more fun than using the Sephora website.

I've tried using my laptop, ipad and my smart phone but it is always the same slow or non-responsive results. Is there an identifiable problem with the site that is being worked on or is this God's way of telling me that I have way too much makeup and I don't need to buy anymore???

Also, it would be nice if the coupons didn't have specific dates they can be used. I can't always make it into a store during those dates and with a website that is virtually unusable, it is cruel. After all, I have earned my VIB status so the coupon should be mine to use when it is convenient for me.

Sephora the website sucks...like where is the checkout link ?

Never come to these forums before, but specifically searched for this thread because I knew it would exist! Just want to chime in and say that this new site layout sucks for lack of better words. It literally makes me want to come here and shop through here less. Like others mentioned, I hate how you can't drop down the list of brands all at once like you used to be able to and instead have to click through a new page and scroll to find the brand. So much more user friendly before this change. Super unfortunate!

Thank you for creating this yhread. I'm an avid shopper and a vib, so I shop fairly often, but since they switched to this new horrific format; it's basically rendered the site useless. 

I am wondering how much revenue they have lost assuming that going to this flop of a new format has cost them. Newer is not always better, especially when it fails to serve the customer's needs in being able to just maneuver the site and shop without a ton of site glitches and errors.

I truly hope sephora goes back to the old format, becausethis one will make them lose business. This one is a huge fail. Let's hope they get it together before the vib sale. 

I'm having the same issue! Sephora.com is completely obsolete to me now! I can't search, drop down, let alone see my loves list or even got to my basket. I notified sephora through email only to get shooed away. 

Yep, I did the same thing ... I literally told them to look at my purchases which would be indicative of how since they changed their website, my purchases are non-existent.  I HATE the website and told them through e-mail that I tried on 4 different computers and all had the same problem.  Yup ... I too was basically told to piss off.  Bottom line:  I am not a loyal Ulta customer.  

Agreed. Its not the users computers. The site is very slow. It slows down the browser. The rendering of the content is horrible. Definitely needs to be looked at... if you want to keep your customers.

106 Replies
testing