taystee

Narsissist palette

(0) Hearts

I was recently instore at Sephora (a Canadian store) and saw that the price for the palette was marked as 85$, and knowing this was different from the price listed online (89$) I asked an associate about it. She immediately checked the price online and rushed around telling all her coworkers, but wouldn't give me the 85$ price listed. 

kevinbt

Re: Narsissist palette

(0) Hearts

Hi taystee! It sounds like they just made a mistake when marking the product.  If they would have rung up the item at the register it would have shown the correct price then as well.  I'm sorry for the confusion!  :smileysad:

Regards,

Kevin

taystee

Re: Narsissist palette

I'm trying to say this in the most tactful way I can think of, I swear! Not trying to be rude I just work in retail and I know how it's supposed to go.

According to the Item Free Scanner Policy here in Canada (Under the Code Of Practise), it's illegal to have a certain price displayed and then charge a different price at the register. Technically speaking, I should have been given a 10$ discount off of the palette price.

" 1. THE ITEM FREE SCANNER POLICY
Retailers will implement an Item Free Scanner Policy as follows:
1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price. "

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • taystee
    • kevinbt