JenJenz
Accepted Solution

MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED AND I WAS TOLD I VIOLATED POLICY!?

So I just placed an order for one of the $10 dealtopia items and got my email confirmation as usual. Then about 5 minutes later I received another email saying my order had been cancelled. I thought that it was maybe because they ran out of stock so I checked the website and the product was still available. I then called Sephora and spoke to a representative who told me it was cancelled because I violated their terms/conditions, but he couldn't tell me how!? All he said was that the terms/conditions were listed on their website for reference and that he was going to fill out some paperwork and have a solutions team member contact me within 24-48 hrs to discuss it further. I told him that I really needed the order placed now and was worried that the item would be all sold out by the time someone called me. He then told me that he would place another order for me so I could get the product, which I'm grateful for, but then why cancel my original order in the first place??? And what terms/conditions could I have possibly violated by placing an order for one item? And I also don't understand how you can tell someone something like that but not be able to tell them the reason why??? I don't know, I'm just so frustrated and confused by this :smileysad: I am a Rouge so I spend tons of money at Sephora and I just don't understand what's going on?? Has anyone had a similar experience? Any input would be appreciated! Thank you! :smileyhappy:

CL45870

Re: MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED AND I WAS TOLD I VIOLATED POLICY!?

I am just curious if any of your girls got $20 off $50 promotion code. I mean like me, account has been removed and declined. All my friends, VIB members have got the promotion card. But I didn't.

I called Sephora and was told I would get it. It's weird that we were banned online shopping. However, we're welcome to shop in Store. If we did do sth wrong, we should be banned from Sephora completely. 

Spoiler

Shoshachu

I haven't gotten any coupons from Sephora...or any e-mails at all except the usual--your purchase has arrived would you like to review it--message.  I didn't know there was a 20$ off 50$ coupon for rougiues until I checked here, which is frustrating since I didn't get my last coupon until way after the sale/special ended, either, and when I called I explained that my e-mail account was not working most of the time and requested that these things please, PLEASE be sent to me by mail.  On the other hand, even though the lack of extra samples/specials/gifts promised to Rouges at the begining is still really disappointing, I have gotten Really excellent customer service and assistance when calling the ROUge Concierge line--I spoke with two different people there and both went so far out of their way to help that I actually felt/feel bad that I was only able to leave my commendations for one of the assistants with their supervisor.  

Dori1965

I haven't gotten the $20.00 off $50.00 code. :smileysad:

Dori1965

I haven't been banned, so I don't know why. :smileysad:

Teddy88

I'm banned and I haven't gotten a code or card yet...

There's no rhyme or reason to this ban thing. Seriously, are there REALLY that many frauds out there????

Teddy88

Have any of you girls found out anything yet? Better yet, for those of you who are banned, has it been lifted? It seems many of us are banned, but no one has had her ban lifted. 

I've waited a week and nothing. I'm in the process of writing a letter which I will mail to headquarters as the THREE people over the phone as well as a mod on BT were of no help (mod stopped answering me). I don't understand. If they ban us and cancel all our orders, why can't they tell us why? Instead of repeating "you violated terms of use". When I ask which part, they just tell me to read and I'll know. I'm like....WHAT??? If I knew what I did wrong, then I wouldn't be calling you!!!!! >__<

LuckyWinter

Awh thats so sad :smileysad: Hope it goes well for you! 

Teddy88

Thanx, but I looked forward for months to the Black Friday sale and because of the ban, I wasn't able to purchase anything. I don't think there's anything Sephora can do to make up for all the emotional trauma I'm going through..... :smileysad:

bcteagirl

If they do actually post deals on Monday now and I only want one, I don't even know if it violates TOS to order it :smileysad: I realize it is a long weekend, but they could at least inform us that they are aware there is a problem and are working to rectify it.

puzzypud

Here is why I don't think we will get a response- take a look at the Customer Service forum.  There are mods all over every post except the few posting about this.  There are mods active right now, and they are purposefully ignoring these threads.  The only action I've seen is threads being censored and removed...

nebel

I think, unfortunately, due to past behavior by members of BT mods no longer comment on threads like these. Mods were personally insulted and abused over things completely outside their control, even as their responses were polite and professional.  The Mods cannot fix the issues people are griping about, so they are focusing on the things they CAN help people with. 

ShinyMagpie

We can't blame them. The mods are just doing their job. It's probably policy for them not to comment on these threads. If I were them I wouldn't want to be the one jumping in and trying to calm an angry/frustrated mob. At least they let us have these discussions. 

hipquest

[ Edited ]

I have been saddened reading this thread. JenJenz, I really hope you get a satisfying resolution. My BlackF riday experience with Sephora was a good one, I maxed out on what I wanted in one order and had my Mom place an order for a few additional things, just in case, BECAUSE I did not want to be "flagged". Both orders with Sephora now show as "shipped",

We should not fear one of our favorite places to shop :smileysad:

While I have not experienced your situation I did have a thread pulled because I used dot com with the retailers name. Mind you this company is not what I would consider a Sephora competitor :smileywink: but, whatever. TOS can be so obscure as to be open to whatever interpretation the company sees fit.See Google or Facebook for how well that goes over in the long term.

Edit to remove coach discount -already used

Since a couple of months after the Rouge roll out I have really examined my spending and have found I can go directly to the source for most of my products with better benefits-as in things I know I'll use. (Shout-out to Smashbox for going out of their way to replace a SAMPLE!) The trade off is discovering new brands. Since I know I'll get almost all of the Rouge benefits as a VIB I will keep a moderate amount of spending at Sephora. Maybe 2014 is the year Sephora shakes things up with VIB and makes Rouge mean something.

hydee77

I'm really disappointed by this whole scenario.  I think that if they cancelled your order they should be able to tell you why, so if you could, go about fixing the issue and also helping you with it instead of them flat out acting as if you were a criminal or something.  Needless to say but I hope this is resolved for you. :smileyhappy:

After hearing this story and others that have been similar, I only plan to purchase something during the $20 off $50 off promo and holding off after that until next year.  My Black Friday orders have already shipped (3) but then again this could have been me so I'm going to be more "cautious" with my spending.  

carrierose

Is the $20 off $50 promo a card in the mail or will it be emailed, do you happen to know?  I didn't get a card in the mail today and I saw that mentioned on Sephora's FB page.  I'd better get one, I need to replace the UD Super Saturated Lip Gloss I lost somewhere this summer and stock up on argan oil.

hydee77

I know it is supposed to be mailed out and I think there will be an email as well, but not 100% sure on the email. :smileyhappy:

puzzypud

Agreed.  I am feeling nervous about having placed orders during the sale and during Black Friday.  I had to step back and realize I am a grown woman feeling like a criminal for having spent my money to purchase goods on an ecommerce website.  Sephora, if you don't want us to exchange our money for your products then just come out and say so.  Banning people and saying "read the terms and conditions" is offensive and bad business practice.  

And Sephora, if you keep ignoring these requests for explanation we will take this outside of BT.  I bet a lot of news organizations would love a post-Black Friday story about a major retailer setting up a "rewards program" just to ban the customers who spend the most money.  Girls, get the word out anywhere you have connections.  We aren't a bunch of scared little girls that Sephora can bully like this.  

alltheshiny

I'm really nervous about ordering. My buying pattern has definitely changed since becoming Rouge - both more money being spent overall in the last three months, as well as more frequent, smaller orders. (Part of that is also due to the timing of the sales and the fact that's it's the holidays, so of course I'm buying for gifts as well.) Will the fraud algorithm kick me off for that?

It's madness. Seriously the worst IT glitch that a retailer could ask for - one that specifically targets your best and most loyal customers.

I wonder if Julie Bornstein, the Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Digital Officer has been made aware of this? She's the one who rolled out the BI program, and I'm sure she would like to know that Rouge has turned into such a complete cluster***k.

Kiki1517

Wow these stories are really quite frightening. Of course my spending habits have changed since Rouge because with free shipping=more orders and usually smaller orders. I do return things that don't work out that I have ordered online because many products are not sold in the store near me, hence I cannot sample it first, or else I would. After reading similar threads, I get afraid when I am about to return something that I am going to be called out in store. I ALWAYS exchange for something else, so it shouldn't matter about promos, but from what I've read, Sephora doesn't do exchanges in their system, they all count as returns. I cry when I get frustrated, can you imagine what I would look like if this happened?! It's funny though, once you have stocked up on everything you need, not many things seem enticing anymore besides new products. I agree 100% with the rest of you. I do not see how a company can tell ANYONE let alone their best customers that they are violating a policy that has not been clearly written out yet. What they need to do is:

1. Review and rewrite their policy before blaming people of violating them

2. Implement a code online to prevent whatever violation is happening

3. Train their customer service team

4. Never again implement a new program that has not been tested out or planned for at least a year in advance (you would think that they would have had a plan for Rouge events etc in advance of its launching)

I have spent a considerable amount more this year than ever before, I don't want to count but probably $2K more...and I don't see any difference, not that I really expected to because to be honest, no beauty store is known for great customer service. Certain people that you get to know within the company are wonderful yes, but a company as a whole, it just seems off to me. The thing is, we all keep shopping here anyway, so that just gives them more ammunition to just keep doing what they're doing. If all Rouges literally took their business elsewhere, they would see a huuuuge dent in their profit. However, we are addicted so they probably just laugh at us like blind mice trying to find the cheese in a maze. 

OhSailor

Very well said.

BeautyLove02

I'm sorry that this happened to you. It seems like they are taking a chance on assuming that these customers will just shop at the brick & mortar store. But a lot of shoppers don't live near one or they have little kids they don't want to take with them, or maybe they're handicapped or something-there are a lot of legitimate reasons that people have to shop on-line. I hope Sephora finds a way to resolve this soon...for you and the others it has happened to.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 162 replies
  • 557 hearts
  • 55 in conversation
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg