Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

In-Store Return

I am wanting to return a product (bought in-store) that I unfortunately lost the receipt to. However, I made the purchase with a debit card, plus this purchase can be verified through my BI account. According to Sephora's Return Policy "

In order to obtain a refund in the same form of payment as your purchase was made, Sephora in-store purchases and Sephora inside JCPenney purchases must be returned with a receipt or gift receipt at a store location. We do not accept mail returns for merchandise originally purchased at a retail location.

If you do not have your receipt, your transaction may be able to be verified if you present your credit or debit card used, or by your Beauty Insider account number. Otherwise, for approved returns without a receipt or where we cannot otherwise verify your purchase, we offer store credit in the form of a Sephora merchandise credit." so that leads me to believe that I'd be able to get a refund back onto my debit card...unless I am interpreting the policy wrong. However, I just asked a manager about it, and he said unless I have a receipt, I'd only be able to get store credit. Doesn't that contradict the policy?

Re: In-Store Return

Hi ashanizer,

Basically, all returns and exchanges are done at the discretion of the store. Since you do not have your receipt, it would be up to the store to decide whether or not an alternate proof of purchase would suffice for credit card refund. Additionally, all returns without a receipt are subject to an approval process through TRE, a third party authorization firm. Please note that we are unable to override or reverse any return decisions made in retail store locations.

I recommend checking in with your local Sephora about your specfic return for the most accurate answer. Thanks!

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing