calamityjane85

Dear Community

[ Edited ]

May 1 marks my one year anniversary joining BT, and it is with heavy heart I write this. BT has changed, and lots of friends have dropped out and stopped coming around because of negative changes. 

This is a chance to revive the love of BT that I had from the start. Regarding heart parties: They are a positive show of love and affection to another bt member and to have them booted to the netherlands is a slap in the face. No one has ever posted malicous or negative things in them, they are only to boost up the member.

Some have complained to the mods to have them moved.

This is a petition to have them reinstated on the main page.

If you agree then simply post a heart. If you feel so inclined then pm a mod.

If not keep on scrolling.  This is not a debate, just a petition

I want my OLD BT BACK!!!!!!!

P.s. 

I :heart: supergirl

calamityjane85

Re: Dear Community

well they booted my thread off to the cs wasteland... if you want to come and play pm super girl or sparkles or me or find a ninja 

jojobe

You can also pm me... i have the info and am online at the moment

BeautyLove02

I'm with you CJ. Wow...the heart parties have ALWAYS been around. I thought that Sephora wanted us to contribute to BT...the Heart Parties were just a way to say "thank you" to your members for contributing and being a part of the community. If a newbie doesn't feel like we want her/him here and feel appreciated, why would they keep coming back to BT? Heart Parties were a way to show appreciation to each other and build strong ties and camaraderie with each other. I vote for the main page as well.

aaaanimatedheart.gif 

gogreyhound

Well, I am sorry to hear the sadness, and I have seen some of the craziness and just recently discovered someone reamed me for a post I made that they didn't fully understand. We all have to let stuff roll off our backs, put on our "big Girl PLANTYs" (in honor of your missing friend) and enjoy things as they come. I have enjoyed my time here immensely since joining right after Christmas. My makeup and skincare obsession has multiplied exponentially, I have met great people, learned some, helped some, and annoyed my husband with announcements of how many hearts I am getting ( coming up on 500 cough cough AHEM) and secretly took pics of my makeup while he was in the can so he wouldnt see me doing such an odd thing...

I guess my point is that things change, and while old people may leave, new ones come..the goobers will eventually move on, and it is still a great community! Hearts to you all!

MlleCC

[ Edited ]

Ahhh, please don't go, gogreyhound!  I still remember that you were the first person to give me a heart when I joined BT, as well as my first PM just to say hi!  BT would be worse off without welcoming people like you. :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

I'm sorry you had a bad experience - that's not nice. We Greyhound Girls must stick together. :smileyhappy:

Loved your comment about when you take pics of your makeup stash. :smileyhappy:

Almost in the 500 Club, I'll keep an eye on your #'s and hope that I'm the first to notice when you hit that milestone so that I can throw your party. Especially since we're Greyhound lovers at Heart. :smileywink:

bfuller

Some of you may know that I rarely ever post on BT any more.  For those who don't, here's why:

It used to be a community - a place where hospitality and warm welcomes made you feel a part of this great place.

It used to be fun - and how I got to know many of the completely selfless members who have become ultra close personal friends of mine.

It used to be drama-free - for many, a place to unwind and forget about the mad rush of traffic and aggressively angry people we all deal with daily.

It used to be home - when you needed to connect and recharge to get through that next hard moment, this was the place to retreat to.

It used to be family - that one deep part of you that feels secure and loved by those we bonded with.

Though I've never been thrown a heart party, I :heart: them.  For a person (or persons) to think about you at a particular moment of the day, that speaks of respect and love.  Yes, the person throwing the party is receiving most of the hearts for his/her post but isn't that basically like "Hi-Fiving" someone in person; or like giving a Thumbs Up on FB?  Have these things become some sort of crime or punishment now?

I :heart: and treasure those I never would've known otherwise had it not been for BT, but I'm sad for the many that I'll never get to know because I don't find the motivation and factors that once drew me here.

It wasn't just the :heart: parties though... it was the general camaraderie that made us feel like we were together with family having discussions after work, school, dinner, etc. about nearly everything from politics to how beauty played into politics.

If someone said something offensive, a general admonishment from a higher family member (MOD/MODs) was enough to settle the issue.  Otherwise, it was no different than sibling squabbles and many of us accepted that we will have differences of opinions.  Shocker:  these things typically resolve themselves without any interference - meaning, as long as someone isn't commenting one way or the other, then all will work out.

Regarding the MODS:

I'm sorry that your hands are more-or-less tied on many issues that you face while trying to keep a balanced Social Community that has grown by leaps and bounds from even a year ago when our CalamityJane joined.

I know many of you do your absolute best to be fair and non-judgemental.  And I know a few of you are torn when there are a multitude of complaints that cause you to have to choose duty over fairness.  Unfortunately, that's what our world has decided is protocol.  I :heart: each of you.

Calamity, I'm sorry this turned out to be much longer than I intended.  Well, actually, I didn't even intend on commenting.  I just happened to scroll the main thread page and when I noticed this topic and read through the posts, my :heart: became too heavy.  I :heart: :heart: :heart: you sweet girl.  And you know my number if you ever need me for anything.  :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

You are so sweet and in so glad to know you. 

hackneyfl

[ Edited ]

Seriously Sephora?! Why do you allow YOUR mods to let a thread go on and on when they are nasty and WE users have to point it out to them to have it stopped?! I watched mods post on threads before and after the nasty thread but they didn't do anything about it! Give me a break!! Maybe you should look into the guidelines for the mods and their favoritism they tend to have on here!!

chelssss

Everyone has been talking about mean girls and cliques…..maybe its the mods LOL

tracygirl64

I agree, I rarely come on here anymore. It's not as fun as it used to be...so sad! :smileysad: 

Here are a bunch of hearts for my fellow BT'ers! :heart:

tons_of_hearts-normal.jpg

tehprincessjenn

What happened to Planty?

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Check the off-topic thread, she was banned for posting too many heart party posts last night.

tehprincessjenn

calamityjane85

Dear Community,
Our petition has been denied and dear Planty will not be back. 

mpolansky

I don't know how I missed this!!! She was so sweet, she was the one who put on the wonderful contests which finally gave me the confidence to put myself out there. I'm so sad she got banned :smileysad: 

jojobe

At this time....

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

:smileysurprised:

annec322

image.jpg

jellybean917

Perhaps I don't know enough about the situation, but it seems like she was banned without warnings first? There are several crazies that show up around here and get countless warnings before getting booted.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 216 replies
  • 2591 hearts
  • 89 in conversation
    • kalex
    • daisies121
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe