Answer
lieska
Can canadians use gift cards online?

If I am in Canada, Why can't I use my gift card online? The lady at my local sephora store said I could.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 33
ikate
Answered

I think it is completely unacceptable that this is still an issue 2 years later! I just spent over an hour choosing items to purchase online, only to be informed right before the final checkout stage that I could not use my Canadian gift card. I spoke with a sephora employee in stores who confirmed with someone else that I in fact COULD use my gift card in the online US store it was really disappointing to find out that i could not. The perfume I wanted to buy is no longer available in Sephora stores and can only be bought online which is unfortunate because I got a gift card for christmas that was supposed to be used to buy this perfume. I am not impressed Sephora. 

ashleeanne
Answered

This just happened to me too....got one for Christmas, went to buy Guerlain foundation that isn't in the store and can't use my giftcard online. Bye Sephora.

Chrissy2590
Answered
(0) Hearts

yup just totally wasted my time looking through products online and now realized I can't apply my gift card…. this makes no sense especially since you don't have the same beauty deals in store as you do onllie

keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'll be happy to pass along that request along with your feedback on the service you received over the phone.

Marisa0003
Answered
(0) Hearts

Disappointed that I can't use my gift card online. I wanted to purchase a gift set that is not available in stores :smileysad:

Paoli
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree this is quite frustrating. I have a sephora store not too far away, however they don't carry much of what I purchase so I do most of my shopping online.  Aside from the fact that we can't use our gift cards online, our rewards points for our purchases are always incorrect as they are accumulated according to the US selling price and not the price we pay. If you email for an adjustment, they will often tell you to contact customer service via telephone.  I do love shopping at Sephora, but there needs to be greater attention to detail when it comes to the Canadian shopping experience.

veronika23
Answered
(0) Hearts

@keelybt.  I deleted that post after I realized I posted on the wrong board. I don't see my post so I wonder how you can see it?  Having problems with BT when it's a questions post... Thanks :smileyhappy:

AleinaY
Answered
(0) Hearts

Same thing here... I have in total of 400$ Sephora gift card from Christmas  and recently relocated from a big city to a small city. The sephora there is so tiny that it barely has anything that I use normally. The bigger Sephora is an 8 hour drive. So now my gift cards are completely wasted. .

LongHairedRaven
Answered
(0) Hearts

How can Iget a refund on a $250 gift card? My hubby got me it but if I can't shop online I'm not interested.The stores are way overpriced.

megoon
Answered
(0) Hearts

clearly this is still an issue as I see this thread was started in January of 2012, and the staff are still advising customers incorrectly.

Went in to buy a gift card, and asked if it could be used online for a purchase shipping to the states and was told - 'yes, no problem at all.' yet clearly on the back of the card it states that it can be used in stores in both US and Canada, as well as sephora.com - which is also false. You cannot use a CND giftcard to purchase anything to be shipped to Canada, and you cannot use the CND giftcard to purchase anything in the states online either. If I could pass the feedback along to have the wording changed on the cards as this is a falsehood as well as have your staff correctly trained as they are causing a lot of frustration. Considering this is an ongoing issue it doesn't seem like there is a lot of care put into customer service - where the customers are supposed to be the bread and butter of a retail store. 

AmandaB89
Answered
(0) Hearts

Can any Sephora employee give some kind of a timeline on when this is going to happen? I have giftcards from this Christmas that I've been waiting to use on products I can't get in store. I may be relocating to NL where there is no Sephora there. Should I be holding my breath here?

nailwizLK
Answered
(0) Hearts

When u ask any Sephora associate about redemption of the 'Gift Cards' in Canadian Sephora store at Coquitlam Center, Coquitlam, BC Canada they tell you that you can INFACT use it online for my orders.  When my mother asked if I would have any problems redeeming my gift cards the associate simple said 'NO'.  Now the Sephora store at Coquitlam Center in Coquitlam, BC Canada DID NOT carry what my daughter uses and she CAN NOT use the gift cards I bought for her so I am out the $100.00 and she is out the $100.00 gift!!!  NICE SEPHORA, way to rip people off!!!  NOT Impressed at all!!

mara2020
Answered
(0) Hearts

Are you kidding me? I am not impressed. Allowing payments through gift cards for online shopping should be a given in this day and age. On top of it, I found out I couldn't use my gift card till the very last stage in payment. I am utterly disgusted with this service. 

keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

@veronika23 We are still unable to apply gift cards to Canadian orders, but the holiday rewards card will come with a unique promo code so you can still get the discount online :smileyhappy:

carolynebear
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Highly disappointing that after two years of complaints, Sephora still has not taken the steps to allow Canadians to use their gift cards online.  Is this a feature that the Sephora team is even working on? Seems two years+ is plenty of time to implement a feature like this... Can we be expecting to be able to use gift cards in the near future? Very frustrating...

charlie2504
Answered
(0) Hearts

Two years and nothing done on this issue?  I'm really disapointed as I received a gift card for Christmas and still can't be used online.  I think Sephora shoud take more care of their canadian customers

KWB6284
Answered
(0) Hearts

We're at two and a half years now, and yup, I found out at the very last second that I have a useless gift card.  Get this fixed!

rw765
Answered
(0) Hearts

Just had the most frustrating experience with this, the back of the gift card clearly says that it can be used on Sephora.com, and to find out at the last minute when I'm checking out that it can't is really unacceptable. Sephora needs to fix this issue or I'm willing to switch to a store that actually listens to customer complaints. 

miabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Danielley86,

We appreciate your feedback and are working to add the use of gift cards to our Canadian site.  We completely understand your frustration and we will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate department for you.  Thank you for reaching out to us & sharing your concerns!

xo, Mia

tamz6
Answered
(0) Hearts

My mother purchased a gift card for me for Christmas. I do not live near a Sephora store so she specifically made a point to ask the Sephora associate if it could be used for online purchases and she said, "yes, absolutely." After spending a lot of time carefully choosing my items online and then going to the "checkout", I am very disappointed to learn that this was completely inaccurate. This is incredibly poor customer service and an unacceptable lack of associate knowledge about a critical piece of information.

EmmaMarees
Answered
(0) Hearts

Ugh I'm in the same dilemma. I've been collecting Sephora gift cards so I could purchase a Clarisonic brush-- all the deals are online and not in the stores. So frustrating. 

dani272
Answered
(0) Hearts

im so pissed about the exact same thing!!

I can check my gift card balance on the website (canadian gift card) so I figured of course I could use it. I picked out what I wanted and at the last second it says I can't use my gift card. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

There is no sephora near where I leave at ALL and the gift card is now a waste.

Thanks a lot sephora, so disapointing and will never shop from you.

Danielley86
Answered
(0) Hearts

I got my Sephora gift certificate for my birthday, I was so excited to shop right away. I have had some car troubles and have been without a car for a couple months and can't make the trip to Sephora a half an hour away. I thought "This is great! I will order online, have everything at my front door!" Anyways, I went online filled up my cart excited about my new make up for Christmas and to my frustration, no avail. I understand it's a different online store but it doesn't make sense that you can't use a gift certificate online! I knew what I wanted and wanted the quick transaction without going into the mall around this crazy time. I now won't be getting my "sephora birthday gift" either. I don't like complaining but it seems pretty ridiculous to me. 

Vayorke
Answered
(0) Hearts

Just spent two hours going through the whole online store picking up everything I need that I cannot get in stores. 

Giftcard fully states: "redeemable for merchandise sold at Sephora locations in the United States and Canada, at SEPHORA.COM or through the Sephora Catalogue."

That is what I call false advertisement. What a way to rip off my mother-in-law by telling her I could use it online. in Canada. 

Very disappointed. Can you refund a gift card because I do not want to give my hard earned money or my mother-in-laws to a company who from looking at the comments hasn't fixed this problem or the false advertisement in over two years.

DC003
Answered
(0) Hearts

Totally Agree! I spent over an hour picking out what I wanted to buy and then I realize I can't use the gift card to buy it. SEPHORA YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ISSUE. You are going to lose customers.

CassBech
Answered
(0) Hearts

June 2014....still nothing

KWB6284
Answered
(0) Hearts

Two and a half years later and this is still an issue.  I found out at the last minute as well, that I have a useless gift card.  Get this fixed!

keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Sorry for the confusion Lieska!  At this time, we are unable to apply gift cards to Canadian orders.  We are actively working to improve our Canadian experience and I will make sure your feedback is incorporated.

marlie34
Answered
(0) Hearts

Thanks for responding Keelybt, but unfortunately it's more than just confusion and checking into my order (although that is appreciated!) I will have to wait until I arrive home from work to see what went on with my mail.

It's more about the issue with customer service (specifally the phone line as everyone I have spoken to in Sephora stores and online such as yourself have been more than helpful). I work in customer service myself (tourism) and get extremely frustrated/annoyed when I experience less than acceptable customer service in return. There would be no problems at all if there was a Canadian gift card or its packaging that stated that it could not be used online.

Not that you have a pull or anything, but a Sephora in St. Catharines, ON would be great! I'd happily spend a good chunk of my paycheck there!

keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

@Marlie34 Sorry for the confusion with your order! I see the delivery has been rescheduled for today since Canada Post received the order after the cut off time.

Question Stats
  • 33 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • marlie34
    • lieska
    • veronika23
    • ikate
    • AmandaB89
    • miabt
    • charlie2504