Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider/VIB Gift Card Offer - FAQ (December 1-12, 2011)

What is the Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer?

The Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer is a holiday promotion offering Beauty Insiders a gift card for $15 off of any purchase of $50 or more (until December 12), and Very Important Beauty Insiders $20 off of any purchase of $50 or more (until December 13).

How do I get my offer if I’m a Beauty Insider but haven’t received my 2011 Holiday Gift Card yet?

The holiday gift cards will be emailed to all Beauty Insiders and VIBs by December 3rd. If you have not received your gift card by December 3rd, please check your email's spam folder to see if it was filtered there.  You can also call us at 1-877-737-4672 to verify your account status. Representatives are available to assist you from 6am to 9pm PST Monday-Friday and 8am to 7pm PST Saturday and Sunday.

When do the gift cards expire?

The BI $15 off gift card is good on all purchases from December 1 – 12. The VIB $20 gift card is good from December 1 -13. VIBs get one extra day to shop.

Can I use my Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer both online and in stores?

Yes, the holiday Gift Card can be redeemed online or in store.  The gift card can only be redeemed once.

Can you combine my Beauty Insider gift card with my regular gift card?

No, the cards cannot be merged. 

Can I split up my Gift Card into two transactions?

No, the entire gift card value must be consumed in one transaction.

Can I use my Gift Card more than once?

No, the holiday promotional gift card is a one-time-use-only gift card valid for one shopping transaction at any U.S. and Canadian Sephora store, sephora.com U.S. checkout, or Sephora Inside JCPenney only.

Is there a minimum spend with the Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer?

Yes, the gift card can only be redeemed with a purchase $50 or higher.

Will I get Beauty Insider points with items I purchase with my promotional Beauty Insider Gift Card?

Yes, Beauty Insider points will be accrued with the purchase made with the holiday promotional gift card.

- Is the Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer available in Sephora Inside JCPenney?

Yes, the Gift Card may be redeemed at Sephora Inside JCPenney locations.

Will my Beauty Insider Gift Card Offer work in Canada?

The gift card may be redeemed in US and Canada stores but it not available with Canadian checkout online.

Can I sign up for Beauty Insider now and get a gift card?

To qualify for the 2011 holiday promotional gift card, you must have been opted-in to our Beauty Insider program by November 15th, 2011. But you can sign up today to be eligible for great future promotions and offers. Join Beauty Insider> http://seph.me/rWti7H

I just became a VIB, can I get the $20 Gift Card instead of the $15?

Yes, please call us at Please call us at 1-877-737-4672 so a representative can verify your account status. Representatives are available to assist you from 6am to 9pm PST Monday-Friday and 8am to 7pm PST Saturday and Sunday.

- If I used my card gift and return the product, will I receive a refund for the amount of the gift card? 

No, you will receive a credit for the amount of the purchase minus the gift card.   

Re: Beauty Insider/VIB Gift Card Offer - FAQ (December 1-12, 2011)

i just placed my order 😃 yey thank you girls 😃

im having problems with my vib gift card too, a really lovely sephora mod assisted me but im still having issues with the gc (the site redeemed it again without my order pushing through).  A product in my cart was out of stock when i clcked confirm order so it went back to my shoppig cart. When i did the process again, it seems the gc has been redeemed again. its already the 14th and i still couldnt place my order, any chance that the VIB gc will be extended even for a day? i read somewhere that th BI was extended from the 12th to the 13th... i really want to purchse some items from sephora... 😞

Anonymous Insider

I received my $15 off but I just became a VIB so I called Sephora and they said that I had to have become a VIB before November 15. Is that true? From the FAQ it doesn't seem like that's the case.

I would try calling again. They sent me the wrong one, beause i had just become a VIB but my email was messed up, so they gave me 200 free points because they couldn;t send me another gift card

Anonymous Insider

I got the blank code in my email too. I called in to speak with a rep but the rep said, I must place my order through the phone with him. If I place the order onine, I get cash backs and a freebie. This deal is really no deal to me, if I have to place the order through the phone. I asked him if I can place the order online first and call in to get the credit for the next time I order and he said no, and then, he tells me to go to the store  instead. Sephora store is nearly two hours away. The card is the only reason to shop. Another beauty site from drugstore has a similar offer, cashbacks, free tax, and reward bucks for next order. Take a look if you also have a blank card like me.

i just have a quick question!

since I've already bought everything i wanted in the 20% sale, could I give this gc to my sister to put to good use?

I still haven't received my email.  It states by the 3rd.  Should I worry????

NO GIFT CARD!

I have yet to receive my gift card email. I'm in Canada, and it's 8:17 p.m. I've been waiting all day for the email. How much longer should I wait?
Anonymous Insider

Re: NO GIFT CARD!

Sorry for the inconvenience ladies. Holiday gift card emails are still going out today. If you haven’t received one by later today, please call at 1-877-SEPHORA.  Beauty Advisors will be happy to accommodate all eligible Beauty Insiders and VIBs by phone. I hope this helps! 

Cheers,

Tiffany

I received my email, but there wasn't a gift card #, or a pin #, and there are no online redemption steps listed in my email.

I am having the same trouble redeeming my gift certificate online. There are no numbers and no instructions except perform client search! Anyone have an answer yet?

Hello spongeee and cosmomommy! I will send you both private messages with more helpful information 🙂

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Hello,

I am a VIB and I havent received my beauty insider gift card yet. I know all of them were supposed to be sent out by dec. 3rd, an it is Dec. 5th already. Cant wait to do some shopping...please help:)

I haven't received my gift card either. I wonder if Sephora will be sending out more emails soon?

Anonymous Insider

I got a $15 gc in my email, but there is no gc or pin # and I don't know how to redeem it. Can you send me a code please?

Hi Ladies,

I am sorry that you were sent emails that were missing the gift card number. I will be happy to help. Please send me an email if you still need your gift card number and I will be happy to look it up. Thank you for your patience!

❤️ Melissa

I also received a blank gift card, gave Sephora a call and said they would e-mail me with the card number. It is past the expiration date on the gift card now and I never received an e-mail from the sephora rep. Any suggestions?

@Avas  Sorry to hear you didn't get a follow up email.  I will send you a message to help 🙂

I received my email, but there isn't anything next to where it says "online" so that I can use it.  Under it says to copy to giftcard field...but it's blank.  Am I completely confused and missing something?  This is my first one...so maybe it's just me?!  Thanks!

Hi Malnick,

The 16 digit gift card # and 8 digit pin # are listed under the Online redemption instructions in the email, and can be entered during checkout when you get to the payment screen. If you are unable to locate the number or need further assistance placing your order, please call us at 1-877-SEPHORA.  Thank you for your patience!

❤️ Melissa
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing