sephoraadmin2

Beauty Insider Card in Passbook for iPhone

[ Edited ]

You can now add your Beauty Insider card to Passbook on iPhone! We're excited to try the new features - how about you?

PASSBOOK_storefront_1272w_horiz_nearby.jpg

Passbook FAQ

Q: What is Passbook? What all can it do?

A: Passbook for iPhone and iPod touch is a feature of Apple iOS 6. Passbook has a variety of passes including gift cards, loyalty program cards, coupons, airline boarding passes, and event tickets. See http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/ for more info.

Add your Sephora Beauty Insider card to Passbook to earn and redeem points in store, instantly view your Beauty Insider point balance and receive notifications about qualifying rewards.

Add your Sephora gift cards to Passbook to easily store your gift card information on your mobile device. As you use your gift card, the balance will be updated to reflect your current balance.

Q: How can I add my Beauty Insider card to Passbook?

A: Update your iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS 6:

1.    On your iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Software Update to upgrade to iOS 6.

2.    From the Sephora To Go App for iPhonehttp://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com,

tap the top Passbook banner on the home screen or tap the bottom Passbook banner in any Sephora email.

3.    Sign in or sign up to be a Beauty Insider.

4.    Follow the steps to add your Beauty Insider card to Passbook.

Now you can easily access your Beauty Insider card and view your real-time Beauty Insider points in store, plus see upcoming perks and benefits on your iPhone.

Q: I don’t know if I am a Beauty Insider. How can I get an account?

A: Go to www.sephora.com/beautyinsider and follow the steps to sign up.

Q: I have added my Beauty Insider card to Passbook, and I have made a purchase, but I don't see the points updating. How do I get my points to update?

A: Click on the link or banner on the back of the Beauty Insider pass, then sign in.   Sign in to Sephora to Go App for iPhone or m.sephora.com to trigger your points balance to update.

Q: How can I add my Gift Card or eGift Card to Passbook? (eGift Certificates cannot be added to Passbook.)

A: First, Update your iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS 6:

1.    On your iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Software Update to upgrade to iOS 6.

2.    Follow the instructions to upgrade to iOS 6

Once you have iOS 6, you can add any physical Sephora Gift Card or eGift Card with a 16-digit gift card number and 8-digit PIN to Passbook. 

1.    Get Sephora to Go App for iPhone http://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com, and select “eGift Card” from the home screen. 

2.    Select “Add Now.”

3.    Enter the Card Number and PIN from your gift card. 

4.    Enter your valid email address. 

5.    Select “Add to Passbook” when your gift card is validated.

6.    Select “Add” in the upper right corner to set up your eGift Card in Passbook when the Passbook preview of your gift card is displayed.

7.    Exit the Sephora to Go app and open Passbook to view your Sephora Gift Card in Passbook

Q: I have added my Gift Card to Passbook, and I have made a purchase, but I don't see the balance updating. How do I get my points to update?

A: Flip the Gift Card pass and drag down on the card to refresh your gift card balance.

Q: Can I add a plastic Sephora gift card to Passbook?

A: Yes, you can add physical Sephora gift cards and any eGift Card with a 16-digit gift card number and an 8-digit PIN to Passbook. 

Q: Can multiple people save the same gift card to their Passbook?

A: Yes, the same gift card can be saved to Passbook on different phones. Note: Your gift cards have cash value and should be safeguarded as such.

Q: I want to purchase a Sephora Gift Card that can be added to Passbook. How can I do that?

A: You can purchase an eGift Card that can be used in store, online and via mobile from the Sephora to Go App for iPhone http://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com.

1.    Tap the eGift link from the home page of the Sephora to Go App for iPhone or m.sephora.com.

2.    Select the gift card design, amount, write a message (optional), then provide your gift recipient’s email address to email the eGift Card.

3.    When the recipient receives their gift, there will be an option to Add the eGift to Passbook.

4.    Tap “Add to Passbook” to easily view your current gift card balance and use in store, online and via mobile. Note: Sephora Gift Cards, eGift Cards and eGift Certificates have no expiration date, cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and are only available for merchandise purchases within the United States or Canada (in store only).

Learn more> http://theglossy.sephora.com/articles/44

Pandyroses

Re: Beauty Insider Card in Passbook for iPhone

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I am trying to pay using my gift card on the app. I was able to add the gift card to my app and it shows the balance, and also see my gift card in the passbook. However, when I go to check out, I don't see an option that says apply gift card or anything like that. Except typing in the gift card again - which then defeats the purpose of adding it to the app and passbook.

Please advise. amandagperez@yahoo.com

Nikhita

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I had several gift cards saved on my sephora app. However, when i tried to make a purchase online, I was unable to use the gift cards. The app did not allow me to see their card and pin numbers. can you help me?

GiovaaVictoriaa

I'm also having trouble with my Beauty Insider. When I went to the store the lady told me I had like 400 points but on my iPhone and on my Sephora account it says I have 0 points. How can I fix it? 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi GiovaaVictoriaa,

I can assist you with this! I am going to send you a private message to get more information from you. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
doppelganger200

I can't add my Beauty Insider Card to Passbook, either. I have iOS 7.1.2. Nothing has worked.

I've tried everything listed: Sign out/in, delete and re-install, restarting phone, resetting phone and turning on/off Passbook. When I hit "Add to Passbook" in app I see the little loading icon on the upper left spin and then stop. No card comes up. Tried to add the card via the mobile site and I get a message saying "Safari Cannot Download This File." Any help is appreciated!

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi doppleganger200,

I am sorry that you are having trouble adding your Beauty Insider card to your Passbook. Do you have the most updated version of the Sephora app? Make sure you are running the most updated version of the app, If you are already running the most updated version of the app and you are still having trouble, I recommend completely deleting the app from your phone, downloading it again and then trying to add your Beauty Insider card to your passbook again. 

Best,
Randee
melsayhi

(0) Hearts

Hi RandeeBT, 

I tried the same thing as doppleganger200 and still no luck!

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I don't have any more information about this at this time. I will try and find out other ways we can trouble shoot and I will be in touch with you soon. 

Best,
Randee
doppelganger200

(0) Hearts

Thank you for such a quick reply. I am running running version 3.10 which was updated yesterday (8/26/14) and I deleted and reinstalled again and it still didn't work.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi dopelganger200, I'm going to forward your feedback to our mobile team for research since it is still not working for you. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
doppelganger200

(0) Hearts

I tried my pass again today and it worked!!! Thank you so much for your help, Diana and Randee!!!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Great to hear doppelganger200! I'm so glad they were able to fix it! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melsayhi

(0) Hearts

I have IOS 7.1.2 and my VIB card won't add to Passbook! Please contact me to get this fixed!!

miabt

(0) Hearts

@melsayhi - I'll send you a PM to see if I can help add your card for you :smileyhappy:  Please take a look when you have a moment!

qlily74

(0) Hearts

I have iOS 7 and am VIB Rouge. My Beauty Insider will NOT add to Passbook. I have tried shutting down an rebooting my phone, deleting and re-downloading app and signing in again with no luck. Please help :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi qlily74,

I'm going to send you a private message to get a little more information from you. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
Corivega

(0) Hearts

I'm having the same problem. I've made many purchases and had my BI card scanned but when I checked on the Sephora app or passbook I have 0pts.

alefl

(0) Hearts

I'm having a problem with my beauty insider points it says I have 0 points but i have bought lot of stuff at sephora and let them scan my card , what can I do about it ? 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi alefl,

I'd be happy to take a look for you :smileyhappy:  I'll send you a message to help!

xo, Mia

Kneargarder

(0) Hearts

I somehow created a brand new BI account when trying to link my physical card to the app. Is it possible to add the card I already have instead of having a brand new one with no points? My plastic one has points on it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 106 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • loislane17
    • qlily74
    • msjosi
    • flatula
    • dianabt