Am I the only one?

The VIB Rouge perks aren't worth it. By that I mean I wont feel the pressure to make it next year. If I get it, I get it. I don't feel special AT ALL as Rouge.

Re: Am I the only one?

(0) Hearts

I am new here. What is a bin rogue? Please explain !!!

(0) Hearts

vib rouge is the newest and highest status you can get as a customer of sephora. vib is the status you achieve when you spend $350 or more within a calendar year at sephora online or in-store. vib rouge is the status you achieve when you spend $1000 or more within a calendar year. but honestly, it's not worth it to TRY to get this status. my cousin has this status and is very disappointed. it was very hyped up and made out to be amazing, but she hasn't gotten any benefits yet (other than a one time 10% code, a mini bite lipstick, and free shipping with no min. purchase online). hope this helps!

Only thing I'm getting is whiplash from all the threads being slammed over into the customer service thread today.

(0) Hearts

i noticed that too! if a thread is tagged as customer service then it no longer shows up under beautytalk? was this always the case? so are threads being deleted entirely or just being moved to customer service where they can't be seen anymore or some of both?

(0) Hearts

I agree. I didn't make purchases with the intent to become a VIB Rouge, but as disappointed that there aren't more/better perks of being at the "top" of the VIB statuses.

Just one example, we're supposed to receive a free surprise gift with every purchase, but on my last purchase I didn't get anything. Ugh.

But besides that, the free gifts are basically the 100 point gifts.

However I feel I shouldn't complain too much, because after all, whatever I get is free, and if I didn't like what I was getting as a Rouge I wouldn't have to shop at Sephora - no one's twisting my arm, ha!

I understand feeling gypped, especially when comparing what we get compared to the other statuses, but can we really complain when we're getting free stuff?

I mean, if we aren't happy we can shop elsewhere...just giving my perspective.

Please don't hate me, ha! Smiley Happy

Just trying to look at it from a different perspective.

I completely agree. I had such high hopes for Rouge and was so excited when I made it but it has been SUCH a letdown! The email that went out today re the Rouge holiday gift, for example. WHY do Rouge members who have spent so much money and are such loyal customers only get $5 extra for the gift card than regular entry level Beauty Insiders??? Yes, the gift card is certainly appreciated, don't get me wrong about that. But it definitely just feels like a slap in the face to be like you have spent hundreds of dollars more than everyone else....so here's $5 extra.... REALLY? 

The icing on the cake was the "special" Rouge holiday gift...A mirror compact??? I've heard some people say they like the gift, but for most it seems to be that they like it because it's something instead of nothing. Frankly, I think it's such a letdown. I have absolutely no use for a random mirror compact. If I'm carrying a powder compact with me....it already has a mirror. I just find it to be totally useless and not very special at all. Besides the fact that you had to spend $50 to get it. REALLY? 

It seems like if they're trying to actually have a top-tier loyalty program they shouldn't be so stingy with the rewards and incentives because I agree, it's totally not shaping up to be what I expected at all, and if any friends asked, I'd tell them it's totally not worth it. 

Sephora, I still love you, but Rogue has really been a letdown. You need to step up your game before you alienate all of your top spenders. 

For me, it appears that they wanted to hype the Rouge program as an upscale incentive to encourage customer loyalty and compete for dollars that top tiered customers have readily at their disposal. At the very least, they should have their customer associates trained to provide for an upscale experience, such as writing a handwritten postcard thanking the Rouge for stopping by their store and that they look forward to their return.  I have received notes from Talbots, J Crew and other retailers. At J Crew, I have even received a box of peaches from their CEO, Mickey Drexler, thanking me for my business and a planner. Indeed, the Rouge hotline which is suppose to provide informative and helpful service is peppered by many representatives that lack any training in how to provide even the most basic of advice and problem solving. In a nutshell, this program should had been better vetted and planned prior to the roll out, and instead of encouraging customer loyalty has served to alienate many of the top tiered spenders.

(0) Hearts

That is true. I was amazed the first time a Nordstrom employee ordered something for me that was out of stock at the store and they CALLED me a few days after it had arrived to make sure I got my package and was satisfied with it. I literally asked her: Wait...who's this?

i would like to imagine all the people running sephora silently taking in all these sad/angry quotes, tapping their fingertips together diabolically so that on christmas they could shower us with gifts yelling "HA! and you said we sucked! Take some of this- *throws a benefit mascara sample* and this- *lit cosmetics glitter* AND THIS -*stackable Rouge promotion codes and exclusive rouge point perks*" and we'd be like "YAY SEPHORA YOU *DO* CARE ABOUT ROUGE!!!!!"

i was was lusting please don't judge me

[ Edited ]

ooh that would be awesome! hopefully at least next year they have some stuff for rouge members! 

i never hit rouge on purpose, i just bought a ton of stuff that I wanted and it just happened, so I'm not too bummed. but it'd still be nice if they threw in some bonuses.

Sarah, I really adore your hope and wonderful positive attitude! I hope so too!!! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

haha thank you! Smiley Happy

. . .

What VIB ROUGE PERKS? . . .

hahahahahahahahaha

( sad face)

: /

[ Edited ]

Awe... the joke's on all of us Smiley Sad hahaha

I didn't try to reach Rogue, I was there when it started.  I agree about not feeling special.  In fact, this was my point in coming here today (I seldom post).  Hoping people at Sephora actually monitor what their best customers have to say.  I was not treated any better in the store than any other time (I have written previously about the age bias I perceive in the store).  The concierge line had the promise of being special but is actually not as good as the VIB line used to be.  All the reps I have spoken to only have the website to draw from and many are even less informed about aging skin than the store employees.  When I call about what color eyeshadows might look good together, no one has ideas beyond those found on the website.  I expected better trained help and hoped they would love beauty products.  Mostly they seem bored.  We got the one really great promotion in the beginning (the kit of deluxe samples) but nothing of import since then.  I don't think it's too much to expect a Rogue (only) promotion code at least once a month.  And Sephora, you really need to step up on the quality of gifts.  I have always been a loyal Sephora customer but I used to receive much better service at Nordstrom.  If things don't pick up in the new year, I will take my business elsewhere. 

I definitely tried to reach Rouge once I heard about it (I traditionally do a hefty amount of my beauty shopping at Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus), but have decided to go back to my old ways.  Anyway, Nordstrom Notes are SO worth it.

(0) Hearts

What are Nordstrom notes??

(0) Hearts

if you sign up for their debit or credit card, you can earn a $20 nordstrom notes (basically like a $20 gift card). When you sign up you get when with a $100 purchase, and then from there it is 2000 points for a note. 2points for every $1 and many double/triple points days. If you plan it out right, you can get a lot of points! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

if you spend a certain amount of money, you get $20 nordstrom notes to use in store or online

Although Rouge has been available for some months now, it is still fairly new and we still have an entire YEAR to go. I feel as though the perks will come through next year. Maybe I am just being hopeful, but it makes sense to me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats