Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

100% frustrated with always getting wrong samples

I've made 10 orders to Sephora since Jan began and not one has included the correct samples. Today's order has three samples that I did not choose and when I logged on to see the current samples, all Three I choose are still listed. When I called the rouge line I was told there are different distribution centers so I could get anything. This is unacceptable. Other companies have no problem sending me the samples I choose. I've been rouge since day one and patiently waiting for Sephora to get that program and it's perks together but instead of getting better you are worse. In December, an order I placed arrived with 3 wrong samples and missing the curling iron I  ordered. With all the choices today to buy beauty products, I am finding myself spending 10% of my beauty money at Sephora and 90% elsewhere where the opposite had been true for years. This is solely due to your complete lack of concern for the Rouge program and your loyal customers.   When is your company going to fix the distribution center issues and make your loyal Rouge customers feel special?  Geez, in 4 years I've never even gotten one extra sample for being Rouge and now I can't even get the correct ones.  You may think it's not a big deal but to us customers, getting the samples we choose is a big deal. I understand that sometimes you are out of stock, but when I log on and see all 3 of the samples I choose still listed, obviously out of stock is not the issue. It's just a total lack of care for your customers that is the issue. Your Rouge representative telling me that it's a distribution center issue is so not ok I can't even tell you.  I consider this fraud that my house is connected to a distribution center that doesn't stock what you have listed as in stock samples.  The woman offered me reward points which is such a slap in the face as your new rewards program discriminates against those of us that can't sit at our computer 24/7 waiting for the 176 Hourglass rewards you are offering or the 44 Urban Decay rewards you are offering. Every reward that I want to get is always "out of stock" so what good is your company giving me rewards points that I can't use?  I understand a trip or a meet and greet being limited but why are products limited?  All you have to do is make more which the company can do but won't.  It's a new year, the 5th year Sephora has had the Rouge program ( or 4th, I've lost track as I wasn't even getting Rouge emails the first two years I was Rouge so I missed out on every perk the first two years and I was told "sorry" by your company). Are the perks of being a Rouge member going to finally be worthy of the money we are spending or is your company going to continue to do the downhill slide it's been doing lately?

Re: 100% frustrated with always getting wrong samples

Hi girlystuff63,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding our samples as I completely understand that the perks we offer are one of the reasons you choose to shop with us over other retailers. It's definitely not an ideal experience to have the option to choose samples and then be disappointed when they either don't come at all or are substituted for ones you weren't exactly hoping for.

Our Distribution Centers want to ensure everyone receives their merchandise items, so adding the correct complimentary samples may not always be a priority, and I agree - this is unacceptable. I can tell you that this is a known issue and we are actively working to find a solution so we can offer the kind of service we strive to provide to all of our valued clients. 

I'm also going to send you a private message now so I can further assist you. Thank you!

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

Re: 100% frustrated with always getting wrong samples

Do people ever get the samples they chose? It's never happened to me once.  I've made 3 orders in the last month all with perfume sample request and have always gotten foundation for someone who is clearly not my skin tone(one of them is always milk makeup).  Sometimes I don't even get any so I guess getting something is better then nothing.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing