Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Cakey Makeup

So I'm a teen and I have been having so much trouble with my makeup. I do use concealer as a foundation (I use the tower 28 concealer) I do skin prep and I let it sit on my skin for at least 10 minutes then I go in with primer. But everytime I do a full face it looks cakey I know it could be because of texture especially since I'm acne prone but its annoying so I just wanted to ask if there's a way to help with that. 

Re: Cakey Makeup

Here's a list of tips you might find helpful:

• Use setting spray throughout doing your makeup 
  • Use a paler shade concealer/foundation 
  • Use a small amount of powder after concealer/foundation 
  • Use highlighter to help and cover up the "cakieness" 

Re: Cakey Makeup

Hi @Allison555101  I have a few suggestions that might help with this. If you're acne-prone, you should see a doctor or dermatologist to get diagnosed with what kind of acne you have - that's the first place to start.

In general, skin that's prone to acne needs gentle cleansing (morning and night), oil-free moisturizing (morning and night), and gentle exfoliation (two to three times a week). I assume you're wearing concealer as a foundation to cover up your blemishes, so focusing on your skincare will help in a few ways. The exfoliation will also help with smooth makeup application, and using oil-free moisturizer will be less likely to interact with your makeup and make it look heavy.

Next, I don't recommend concealer as a foundation. It's heavier, so more likely to look cakey. Try switching to full coverage foundation, and only use concealer where strictly needed. 

Lastly, try changing up your products, one at a time. It may be that what you're using doesn't react well together, but swapping out your primer, for example, could make a big difference.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing