Nicrohr

"Finishing" light moisturizer for sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

Looking for suggestions on a primer-alternative (silicone-free, I have to be careful with 'light gels') moisturizer that I can use as a pre-make up step.  

Two main priorities are:

- Moisturizing but not greasy (I have sensitive, rosacea, combo skin, which is EASILY smothered - need something that can breathe)

- Fragrance-free (super sensitive, irritation and headaches)

BTW, I use Bare Minerals (powder) foundation.  I've tried every SF primer, by the way, but none work for me: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Silicone-Free-Primers-esp-for-LONG-WEAR/m-p/694785/highlight/tr... (see my summary in ITALICS halfway down the discussion).  I think I may be sensitive to glycerine as well as silicones.

I'd rather have just ONE product for daytime.  I have a thicker night moisturizer (Kiehl's Rosa Artica) that works great, but it's too heavy for daytime, my face would be so oily my make up would slide off.

Suggestions?

P.S. I am curious to try Perricone finishing facial moisturizer based on the name!

lyravega

Re: "Finishing" light moisturizer for sensitive skin

Have you by any chance tried Oriflame Organic Aloe Vera and Arnica Shooting Pure Gel? I would recommend that one. It is very light, no fragrance, certainly not greasy, it moisturizes very well, it's very soothing, and overall - it is HG product for me. I am sure it would be a great primer for oily or combo skin as well. I know it's hard to get it in US, but I've just found it on ebay, it's around 11$ ( 50 ml ).

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Well the price is right! I will see if I can find some -- nothing on Amazon, which is my fav for stuff like this, darn!

SydBristow

I found a great, light but effective daytime moisturizer. It doesn't have sunscreen, personally I prefer to add sunscreen separately when I know I'll need it.

http://eltamd.com/product/am-therapy-facial-moisturizer/

I don't use primers, I find they make me feel like my skin is suffocating. Using the Elta MD and putting my Bare Minerals powder foundation on afterwards works just fine - without the primer.

Good luck! 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I agree on the suffocation!  I can't use liquid foundation for the same reason.

Thanks I am checking out that product.  Wow it let you post a non sephora link? Hmm!

thanks again.

DTalksAll

Have you tried Clarins Beauty Flash Balm? 

It's silicone free, not sure on fragrance though. 

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-flash-balm-P95044?skuId=74476

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Thanks - I loved this product in theory, but unfortunately it's way too fragranced for me :smileysad:.  But it seems like a good product otherwise, it was cool to get it in a 100 point sample.

Thanks for leaving me a suggestion!

syritt

Have you tried Malin+Goetz vitamin e moisturizer? I'm kind of in love after having found it. It's perfect for people with allergies like me, and doesn't interfere with makeup. Got a sample and am going to have to get the full size.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I will totally get a sample of this and try it!  

jrperk

I happen to love Kate Somervilles's Oil Free Moisturizer and often do not need a primer after it. I also use the Perricone Face Finishing moisturizer,but only at night as I find it makes my face too oily under makeup. It doesn't break me out but is definitely too much moisture for me during the day. I love to try different products but I always go back to the KS Oil Free, just love it for my combo/oily 38 yr old skin. No fragrance either!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Thank you thank you - I will try this one too!

And that is good to know about Perricone FFM - plus, I noticed later it has silicone (thought it's a minor ingredient so that might be OK for me).

Margolmt

I have roseaca as well and I use make up forever foundation primer in #1, which is the green color correcting primer.  it works great.  I have had no issues with it.  I also use the sephora daily moisturizer.  i love it.

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks!

I think that primer has several silicones in it, so won't work for me - but probably a good recommendation for others who have ros.

I will check out the moisturizer!

Margolmt

(0) Hearts

I have roseaca as well and I use make up forever foundation primer in #1, which is the green color correcting primer.  it works great.  I have had no issues with it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lyravega
    • syritt
    • jrperk
    • SydBristow
    • Nicrohr