jrf23

best skincare products/face masks for dry combo skin with hormonal acne

(0) Hearts

I was just wondering for the best products for my skin. Some days its dry and others very oily, when my skin breaks out it gets very bad

MarissaJoy

Re: best skincare products/face masks for dry combo skin with hormonal acne

(0) Hearts

I really love the Fresh Umbrian Clay products as they are targeted for cystic acne, which is often hormonal. The Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel pads are great for scarring. And the Peter Thomas Roth Sulphur Cooling Mask is great for drying up individual spots. Since your skin is sometimes dry and sometimes oily, it seems like it may be dehydrated and overproducing oil, which can cause breakouts. I've been using Tarte's marajacua oil at night as a moisturizer (or in combo with one) and that has really balanced my skin.

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

See a dermatologist if you can.  There are topical products they can prescribe that are very effective.  You can start to use them a couple days before the acne is expected to start all the way through the end.  It may just prevent the outbreaks from even occurring.  I have suffered from acne all my life and into adulthood.  There is no doubt prescription products out perform anything store bought.  Remember to moisturize even during your oily days and always with acne products, they dry out your skin.

ashee99

(0) Hearts

For masks the queen helene mint julep masque is really good and you can find it at drugstores plus its only like 5 dollars:smileyhappy: Since your skin is dry and other days its oily I would suggest using a scrub to exfoliate your skin to get dead skin cells off. Also try Clinique if you haven't. Good luck:smileyhappy: 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • spedteacher74
    • ashee99
    • jrf23
    • MarissaJoy