soulchicbeauty

Your favorite foundation for 2013 & why?

image.jpg

sugarluvv

Re: Your favorite foundation for 2013 & why?

(0) Hearts

Mufe hd foundation

LM silk creme foundation

ud naked foundation

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

Nars Sheer Glow, I love the slightly luminous quality and breathability, along with the buildabilty.  

I like UD's Naked, but it lacks the luminous quality that Nars has and makes me look a little flat.

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

MUFE face and body is my favorite light coverage foundation! I have really clear skin most of the time and it covers those little blemishes I get often + it makes my skin look flawless, but I tried out the Givenchy foundation and it broke my out so I'm looking for a new medium coverage foundation. 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Either Illamasqua Skin Base (a new find this year and an absolute treasure) or Smashbox Studio Skin (the first high end foundation I tried about 10 years ago and still a go-to)!  I like to blend them together most days, actually haha!

Plantgarden

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

First off, YOU are gorgeous!!!!

Good question, and I am needing help in this area. These are the ones I have tried this year:

1. Two Faced Air Buffed BB Creme.  I gave this a 1 star.  

2. Kat Von D Lock-It.  Good full coverage, thick formula.  Too heavy for me during the summer months. I apply a dab on the back of my hand and use a brush.  

3. 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer.  Nice light feel for summer.

4.  Two Faced Liquid.  Medium coverage.  

5.  Sephora Liquid.  Similar to #4.  I only tried this because it was in the "sale" bin.

6.  UD Naked.  This seems to be my go-to right now.

I use a setting powder.   During the summer I use UD Chill to set foundation.  They all seem to layer well with Perricone MD.

Honestly, I think there is better out there that I have not found.    

I use to be a die hard Chanel girl, but they are not animal friendly.  :smileysad:

PLEASE,... If any one has suggestions,....... :smileyhappy:

image.jpg

ladymeag

Have you tried the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel? It's pretty amazing. 

Plantgarden

(0) Hearts

No I haven't, but I certainly will look into that product, thanks!!

waterbaby1981

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  It's amazing on my skin and the moisture helps with my dry skin.  Looks flawless whether applied with a brush or your fingers!

Plus, the fact that the shade MATCHES my skin tone perfectly helps a lot with my vote for it too...

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I like this too - it's my next fnd purchase ( I tried a sample & fell in love!)

ExcessiveGlam

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My vote goes to Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation.

upload_7643848479641638558.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/8-hr-mattifying-compact-foundation-P377347?skuId=1445667

WHY?

- It is SOOOO easy and fast to apply. I use a disposable sponge wedge and my foundation is on, and flawless in 3-4 minutes. 

-Coverage is excellent. I don't even need concealer.

-It lasts all day, doesn't transfer, and rarely requires a touch up.

-It comes in 24 shades!!

-It's inexpensive. ($22)

salaem

(0) Hearts

Definitely the YSL Touché Eclat foundation. I've never received so many compliments as I did when I had that foundation on and keeps my acne scars covered great all day even through the gym. I ran out and got a sample of Lancome and its crazy how much better YSL has been. It was $55 but worth penny and lasted three months for me. 

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation.  Foundation's always been a weird dance between coverage and performance for me -- I don't have much to cover, just redness and some imperfections, but tinted moisturizers tend not to keep up with my long days.  All complicated by how pale I am, of course, so I usually start with shade ranges and if I like the finish, it's a bonus.  The YSL ticked off all my boxes and plays supremely well with my dry skin in the winter, which I'd honestly given up on in a foundation.

floridab

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay naked skin foundation for me! Feels like you're not wearing anything, but good coverage.  Second favorite  ( can we vote for two?) is Marc Jacobs foundation. Honorable mentions to bb and cc creams ( I have a few)

SweetSweetIrony

(0) Hearts

I'm another one for UD's Naked Skin. I'm super pale, with a lot of redness and marks from past acne. While this doesn't completely cover my rosy cheeks, it takes them down a lot. It also covers probably 80% of my hyperpigmentation.

Best part of it though is that it's pale enough for my skin. I use their Optical Blurring brush as well and it blends wonderfully.

I was using NARS Sheer Matte before, but it was a tinge too yellow.

glamglitters

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau because it's so light yet gives good coverage.

sarinalove

ILLAMASQUA SKIN BASED FOUNDATION

why???

it is so underrated and totally a fantastic product that not a lot of people even know yet.

- The foundation has an array or colors that can fit any skin tone.

- a little goes a long way. You only need to use a tiny bit of product to get full coverage.

- your skin will look natural and real yet flawless and fresh. Key is natural! Not matte and not dewy but a very natural finish.

- once its on, it feels like you have no makeup on. It doesnt feel heavy. Its lightweight and I feel like I have no Makeup on.

overall, its a great product and sadly its not even available in most sephoras. But if you have it available, give it a try, it is such a great product!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I 100% completely agree!  I LOVE Illamasqua Skin Base!!!

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

To get a color match in Illamasqua's Skin Base, I'd have to mix the white with another shade - which is really frustrating and time consuming for me. I found it settled into fine lines (if you've got them) but I'll agree that it's not cakey! 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Really??  I couldn't find a color match with Kat Von D (too dark) but Illamasqua SB in shade 2 was actually a bit TOO pale for me, which has literally never happened to me before.

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

Oh and it isnt cakey and I have sry skin so cakey is a big issue for me! Seriously, it produces beautiful buildable coverage and looks natural which I think is key.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • waterbaby1981
    • gtichick
    • swanbeauty
    • roxystar4