lizzy8586

Toner for sensitive skin

I have oily skin and was looking for a toner that would help? My skin is also very sensitive and acne prone

lylysa

Re: Toner for sensitive skin

Good gosh, though Kamkamlove may swear by Listerine, I wouldn't look in the dental aisle for your first and best bet for a product to soothe and treat your skin!

It's better to play it safe with SKIN care items rather than venture into more unconventional methods since you state your skin is very sensitive.

Korres has their Pomegranate toner that is perfect for oily/combination skin that is also acne prone. It's anti-oxidant rich (got your vitamin boost to protect and treat skin), contains a natural astringent to clear pores of oil and sebum, and contains a humectant to bind healthy moisture to skin to keep it balanced.

swfupload_1912369932252076137.jpg

xpap

I second lylysa's recommendation for the Korres Pomegranite toner! I use it and love the results! It also smells great.

KamKamLove

(0) Hearts

Who said anything about swearing by it?  This is a board of advice and I was sharing my own experience.  Take it or leave it, but it worked for me!  And I have amazing skin thank you very much.

beautylovingirl

Ummm....no Listerine is not a something that you would want to use. no no no no no. I would go with the suggestions that Melissa gave on the toners from Clinique.

KamKamLove

(0) Hearts

The simplest toner you can find is right in your own bathroom and that would be Listerine.  Some people are probably going to say "for real?", but I can honestly say I got this tip from Ms. Jennifer Love Hewitt way back in the day.  It may burn a little and keep away from your eyes!  But when I used it, my pimples got smaller everyday.  Definitely don't use it everyday tho, use at night ONLY after you've washed all the makeup off and make sure you have a really good moisturizer to go on top.  Any medicated topicals will burn and cause a  bit of irritation, so find something to soothe your skin.  Johnson & Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion is an amazing product!

jennypenny1995

But any skin product should never, ever burn.  : o

KamKamLove

(0) Hearts

But some products will burn and irritate your skin especially if you keep changing products.  So you can't say never because that's not true.  And what if you're allergic to a product and don't know it?  I used Proactive for a really long time and there were some days where my skin could not stand the toner for anything.  Say what you want.   You're not a genius just because you're a nurse.  I'm not a nurse, but I am a Dermatology Medical assistant and no, I don't always follow the rules and no I'm not a makeup genius; just someone telling you what worked for me.  No one said you had to try it.

jennypenny1995

Oh my!  Listerine has alcohol in it, and that's the last thing an oily skinned person needs because it dries so much that it makes us overproduce oil to compensate.  I'm a nurse, and I'm having palpitations just thinking about it!  : o

melissabt

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:! We had a lot of products that clients always kept coming back for refills! Dramatically Different Moisturizer and the gel version, total turnaround, Foaming Cleanser. The 3 Step Skincare system.

The glosses are pretty too, they do not have a scent or flavor!

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

melissabt, is it really necessary to use the Dramatically Diff Gel if we're going to use Super Defense for daytime use?  Same at night: Really need to use Gel if we're using Super Rescue?  If those are sold as moisturizers and are actually more potent, could you share with me why the Gel is needed additionally?  Thanks a million!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Melissabt: Ooh, ooh! Another question: Since you've been exposed to tons of other brands with Sephora, what would be the "best of" products from Clinique? What are the ones not to miss? (ESP combo skin)

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I was for a few years:smileyhappy:!

<3 Melissa
melissabt

(0) Hearts

Onomotopoeia9- Some people who are not overly oily might find some toners with alcohol too drying! It all depends on your skin type. In some cases it can be good for clients who have acne prone skin because it kills the bacteria that causes breakouts.

Jennypenny1995- All of them contain a bit of alcohol (excluding the mild lotion) The higher up the number the more it contains. Number 2 is the best for combo skin, it has slight menthol in it which will feel slightly cooling!

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Melissa, for the tips on those toners.  Yeah, gonna move down to a #2 once I hit the bottom of the bottle on my current one.  Who knew getting the perfect balance for combo/sensitive/acne-prone skin could be this ridiculously delicate?!

onomotopoeia9

Thanks melissabt! we can always count on you for your expertise!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Lizzy8586,

I highly recommend the Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion. When I worked for Clinique we had a lot of clients with sensitive purchasing this product. It contains ZERO alcohol and almost a lotion type texture. It feels replenishing and does not dry out skin.

http://www.sephora.com/mild-clarifying-lotion-P122663?skuId=1295732

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

Ooh, ooh!  Another question: Since you've been exposed to tons of other brands with Sephora, what would be the "best of" products from Clinique?  What are the ones not to miss?  (ESP combo skin)

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Jennypenny-

For combo skin, the Mild Face wash, Clarifying Toner number 2 and the Dramatically Different Moisturizer. The Super Rescue for night and the Super Defense SPF 25 Dry Combination for the day!

<3 Melissa
onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

If I may, chubby sticks. awesome eyeshadow pencils and lip stick, balm, and gloss pencils.

I like the glosses the best :smileyhappy:

and the Moisture surge intense moisturizer won the "most wanted moisturizer" award on elle

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

You are/were a counter girl with Clinique?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • xpap