liveinlovexx

Thinking of buying Murads Oil Control Mattifying Lotion, thoughts?

(0) Hearts

Hey All!

I have combo skin, in my t-zone it can get pretty shiny and oily, especially my chin area. I have been using the smashbox primer and it's been helping reduce the shine and stuff a lot, but it's also making me break out here and there. (It's the only thing I can think of that I added to my ritual that could be doing this.)

I've read a TON of good things about this Murad mattifying lotion, but I also don't want to over-dry my combo skin. (At night, every once in a while I have been using Korres Yogurt Sleeping Facial to make sure I don't over-dry and produce more oil, but this does seem to make me break out  a bit too because I get very oily.)

Also, I've been told that I should have at least 30+ SPF on my face daily. ( I am very fair) so if I put this over my current lotion I  use in the mornings, would it still work or defeat the  purpose?

I know I can get a sample, but before even doing that and trying it, I thought I'd get some inside thoughts!

Would love your thoughts! Thanks!

liveinlovexx

Re: Thinking of buying Murads Oil Control Mattifying Lotion, thoughts?

(0) Hearts

Well, I decided to go get a sample of it, and also got the thomas roth powder SPF so that if I wear the murad but want more SPF I can put that on. It's 30 SPF so the powder has the amount of protection needed!

So far it is keeping me more matte, but I also noticed my powder make-up was a little bit more cakey near the nose area. (I wont give up quite just yet because of that though, because I may have applied more today than normal!!)

We will see!

poemelyric

I use it and love it but the SPF is only 15.  It doesn't keep the oil away all day but it usually does til about 2pm with me. It's not a cure all but if you use it along with the Murad collection, it helps a lot.  There is a whole system that you should be using with it to help keep oiliness down. 

bleuorchid21

I bought the Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF15 a while back (in October) and use it whenever I am going to wear makeup. I use a small amount and apply it to my forehead (I have combination oily skin with an oily T-Zone) and my forehead still manages to get oily throughout the day. I do use other products for the oil (blotting papers and Urban Decay DeSlick, as well as a powder).

I don't think I will be repurchasing it when I run out (it is still going to last a while considering I use it almost every day and have had it around 8 months so far).

For me, I like the product but it isn't a must have. I know you can use it as a primer but I don't do that. 

I actually just bought the travel size Dr. Feelgood to see how that works for the shine.

aviscardi

i was looking into it too but i am combo as well so i didn't know if it would be too much. I think if you are fair and looking to also have spf as well, it may be easier to find a product that has SPF in it so you don't have to add too many layers

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • aviscardi
    • bleuorchid21
    • liveinlovexx