Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Teen Skincare?!?

We're told from an early age to start protecting our skin, but what exactly does that mean? I'm in high school, so I don't need to many fancy skin treatments, though I still want to keep my skin in top condition. Here is my current skincare routine:

Morning:

FAB Cleanser

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Origins Ginzing Eye Cream

Night:

FAB Cleanser

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Any suggestions for different products or additions to my routine?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Teen Skincare?!?

I STRONGLY recommend trying the teen skin care set by Mary Kay! It is GREAT:) I use it everyday and rarely ever have breakouts or pimples anymore. It is called the Clearproof Skin Care set!  

Re: Teen Skincare?!?

Hi, mballerina!

I would highly recommend incorporating SPF into your day time regimen through either a sunscreen layered after your Clinique moisturizer or finding an actual formula with SPF infused. Sunscreen is one of the easiest ways to ward of signs of pre-mature aging because you're able to shield skin from UV rays which if left unattended can damage healthy collagen, elastin, and pigmentation. This leads to discoloration, skin being less supple or firm, and even fine lines or textural discrepancies. Not to mention the ability to ward off skin cancer with the use of SPF is vital for overall health (not just for the sake of your appearance). 

Depending on whether or not your skin is very oily when you first wake, you may even consider skipping the morning wash. While the FAB cleanser is super gentle, overcleansing when skin doesn't require it can either contribute to it becoming dehydrating (thus creating a dry, uncomfortable feeling for skin) or even leading to skin overproducing oil to quickly replace what little oil is lost (this can lead to skin suddenly becoming very oily feeling rather quickly, and this may also become problematic if that oil begins to mix with bacteria and build up to clog pores and cause blemishes). If you find skin is mildly dewy or somewhat normal (as oil production doesn't halt when you sleep), but isn't so bad you must cleanse when you wake, try to just wipe down with a warm or cool wash cloth.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing