knkate

Tarte Maracuja Oil Rollerball

(0) Hearts

Hi all!

I got a deluxe sample of Tarte's Maracuja Oil and really thought it did a great job with my combo/oily skin.  I would like to buy some more but am debating what size to get.  I figured out the per ounce price for both the 1.7 oz bottle ($27.05/oz) and .6 rollerball ($28.33/oz).  Since the prices aren't too different per ounce, I am thinking of getting the smaller size for convenience sake but am not that sure about the rollerball.  Has anyone used it?  It seems a little unhygienic (I still have acne in my late 20s) and just weird to apply. Thanks! 

knkate

Re: Tarte Maracuja Oil Rollerball

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the replies.  I think I'm going to go for the larger size since I've also just read some reviews about the rollerball being very easily broken.  :smileysad:  I have tried Josie Maran's oil and I preferred Tarte's on skin.  It was amazing when I randomly had an issue with dry eyelids earlier this year while Josie Maran didn't work as well.

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

i personally prefer my josie maran over the tarte maracuja, but i tried it in the rollerball so im not sure if that was why. i find it doesn't dispense the amoutn i need and isn't as hydrating. i would buy the bottle instead, rollerballs are better for hands and cuticles etc.

ChicDabbler

I did feel that rollerball are generally unhygienic, but they are better for travel than dropper bottles (less chance of spill). What you can do is make sure to wash your hand, then roll the oil onto your finger then dab onto face as needed. If it's only ever in contact with clean skin, I think it will be fine =X.

knkate

(0) Hearts

Yeah - I love the bottle the deluxe sample comes in.  I don't see why they don't have a smaller bottle as well.  

killahbabe

I would personally advise against the rollerball for the same reasoning that you had. A rollerball would get contaminated with fingers/face/skin and then would roll back into your bottle of oil. I personally prefer the kind with the dropper so I can just drop the amount down on my finger and not worry about contaminating the bottle.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • aviscardi
    • ChicDabbler
    • knkate