melissa93

Skincare help

Hey guys!
 So I've been noticing that my make up isn't applying too well and that it starts to flake a little, especially around my nose area (which is also a little irritated and dry.) I'm pretty sure that I need to start exfoliate (and other stuff as well!) I also really want to get rid of a lot of post acne scars and shrink my pores. I would like to try some brands that are more natural or ones without so many bad stuff in it, etc parbens... So yeah I hope you guys can help! Oh and btw my skin is combo. I do have sensitve skin and break out. Also, my skin is drier in the winter and oilier in the summer. 
thanks guys!

splashionista

Re: Skincare help

(0) Hearts

I also have had this problem in the past, especially in winter.

I'm a big fan of Clinique Moisture surge intense, hydrating mask by Caudalie, and Clinique 7 day scrub. 

But what was the biggest help, especially for long workdays in dry air, was using Smashbox Hydrating Primer.  Amazing stuff.

helpful

I have Combo skin and use Clinique Moisture Surge in the winter and the Dramatically Different Gel in the Summer. Exfoliation is important a couple of times per week- you could try Clinique's 7 Day Scrub or Laura Mercier's Face Polish. You may also like Origins Charcoal Mask to help clear and tighten your pores. :smileyhappy:

melissa93

Tried the Origins mask before, I liked it but right now my skin is on the dry side so I'll go back on that in the summer. Will try Clinique's scrub since I've heard such great things about it! Thanks! 

helpful

(0) Hearts

You're welcome!!

ChicDabbler

I have very dry combo in winter and oily combo in the summer. Boscia is generally lightweight and would be great for summer. As for winter, thicker moisturizer is better but you have to figure out what you breakout and don't breakout from:

- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation is my fav, but OH line generally have dimethicone, which is a great protective layer for dry weather but some skin hates it.

- Korres Rose is a great line but the brand is kind of oil based, which I'm fine with but I know some oily skin really hate.

Last but not least, I love Origins. I use their Perfect World line for Fall/Spring, altho it is not enough for my flaky/cracked cheeks, but their Night-A-min and Make a Difference moisturizers would probably be excellent for you (been meaning to try them but haven't).

melissa93

I'll have to try those now! I used to use OH and I liked it and I like Origins as well. Will have to try those products! Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • ChicDabbler
    • splashionista
    • helpful