Dannielle513

Skin Care for the Semi-Oily

(0) Hearts

Hi, so I have really bad combination skin. It wasn't a large problem a few years ago, and I naturally could attain clear skin and not have issues with red marks or acne, but recently I've been finding myself breaking out more and my skin is becoming more oily throughout the day, but still dry in the mornings or any time after I wash it. I was wondering what products I could use that would control my oils and clear up my face. 

Thanks,

Dannie

TrysBeautyItems

Re: Skin Care for the Semi-Oily

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try a toner after washing daily and a mask once a week.

For a mask try a clay one - will absorbs oil, or charcoal like Origins Clear improvement - clears pores out.

Toner - just started using The Body Shop's tea tree skin clearing toner.

" Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. "

Blotting paper will also help to remove oil during the day, the durgstore kind are fine to use.

knadala

(0) Hearts

I recommend a charcoal based product. Boscia has charcoal infused nose strip and face wash. Water purifiers have charcoal in their filter because it naturally attracts and absorbs dirt and grime. It seems like a natural and skin friendly way to try unclogging and cleaning your face.

sunflower837

(0) Hearts

Oh gosh, I feel your frustration!  I had to switch over my skincare routine after figuring out I had an allergy to a product that I've been using for, well, my whole life!  My skin is pretty combination and this is what I have found to make my skin SO MUCH BETTER:

Night-

FAB Facial Cleanser w/ my Clarisonic 

Clarins Lotus Oil

Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial

-----

Day-

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Face Wash

FAB Brightening Serum

Shiseido Ibuki Refining lotion

Peels: FAB Facial Radiance Pads in the morning, PTR Un-wrinkle pads at night; Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Peel Pads 1x/week - I use FAB Ultra Repair Cream

Extra treatment: Philosophy Help Me (on my t-zone when my skin acts up)

I know it sounds like a lot, but I play around with it all.  These products are great solutions for extremely sensitive, combination skin - if I had to pick one to start with, I definitely recommend Clarins Lotus Oil:

swfupload_6779294793059636519.jpg

It works to control the oil during the day, even though I use it at night (do NOT use it during the day - you'll look like a greasy mess for the first 1-2 hours!).  The smell is super soothing, as well.

Best of luck!

Dannielle513

(0) Hearts

The Lotus Oil sounds super promising! I was recommended by a skin care associate to use the Kate Somerville Daily Detox Wash and the Sephora Collection 8 hour Mattifying Moisturizer with SPF for the day, but nothing was recommended for he night. I'll surely consider this for a night regimen. I'm still browsing some other products that I can use at night - until then I'm using my old Alba moisturizer, which I love, but I still get super oily after a few hours. I just feel so dry after I wash, that I don't know if my oils are maybe coming from them trying to overcompensate for the dryness of my skin, in which I then would need something super nourishing.

veronika23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Actually this sounds promising.

http://www.sephora.com/primed-poreless-pressed-powder-P379215?skuId=1533629

Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder

Maybe also look at Boscia. They have good products =)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Hi Dannie,

I'm not too sure which products to recommend to you but be careful what you use so you don't completely strip your face from it's natural oils.  The more you strip the bigger the production. I'm sure someone here will have a good product recommendation. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • sunflower837
    • veronika23
    • Dannielle513
    • knadala
    • TrysBeautyItems
Photos1